Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Friday 26 January 2018

Summer colour

Are you smiling, I am, 
these are my summer colour
 I've sorted them into sowing months
February  and   March sowing
These need going into soil as soon as I can 
 I think I have enough Marigolds, hubbys favorite flowers. 
Most of these were purchased in last years end of season sale, or have been free with gardening magazines, which I don't purchase that often, and only if I like the seeds. I have loads of favorites, some new to try and a few I have never grown from seed before. There are far too many for my small plot, I do intend to fill my garden with colour this summer, but any spare plants will be sent over the road to my neighbour Chris. I will grow plants for my cut flower garden, last year I sowed the seeds into the bed and had an epic fail, the few stronger plants suffocated almost everything else. I have always failed with sweet peas, which is a bloom I love, so I have a few packets to try this summer, I am not a quitter, last year I got them to grow, but no blooms.
 I have still plenty of colour inside at this moment, the second bud on my Amaryllis is starting to split, and hopefully another flower. The red in these four blooms are stunning.
 My Hyacinth are doing well, the scent from these are delightful. 
I can't wait for the growing season to start, I am starting a few seeds this weekend on my office windowsill.  For now I am working on my ripple blanket, photos next time.

3 comments:

  1. That's quite a collection of seed packets, I must sort mine out.

    I too have had 'epic fails' when sowing direct.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many beautiful flowers to look forward to with all those seeds, Marlene. I have Zinnias blooming in my garden at the moment, defying the Summer heat! There's also some Queen Anne's Lace, one of my favourites, that has popped up randomly here and there. I couldn't have a garden without lots of flowers! Meg:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your garden and your friends too will look so beautiful this year.
    DH always sows his sweet peas in the cold greenhouse on the first of January to give them a slow start, he says it strengthens the root system (he also uses those root trainer pots so the long roots don't get damaged).
    Happy Growing!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails