Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Friday 24 November 2023

Outback

I've been working outside in my veg section at the back of the garden, this narrow path is the only way to get to my raised veg beds and my greenhouse. I am pleased once again it is clear and safe to pass along. This is the view from the house, so I like to see it looking nice, the older paving is staying in the working section of the garden, so this won't change.
I did have my strawberry tower here in front of the sink, it was temporary put there until the garden refit was done, but it was a pain to get by, the plants were always wet. This is how it should stay, plenty of room, the yellow bucket is full of topsoil, which I will use soon. The corner is not huge, but I have plenty of space to walk by even when holding bigger items.
Once again behind the garage has changed, moving the strawberry tower here works, but it means my raised bed is not in a great spot, but it can stay like this until next spring, other than adding to composter, I should not need this area.
My nice clear path in front of the greenhouse house is full, most of these pots have herbs in and will be placed back at our seating area, again probably next spring, I have no need to access anything here. The bricks will be placed at the back by the fence when we can get to the area. 
Our Olive tree is full, best crop so far, renewing the compost this summer has worked well, this was taken just before we covered it for the winter, if I cover this olive, it's normally in January, which is the start our colder months, this week our temperatures are due to drop, so I am being cautious. It's being moved out of the garden for a couple of weeks and then it will have a new spot, so I am treating it very carefully.
Hopefully this will be the last photo of a messy garden, our guy was due next Monday, we have been told he is running a week late, with all the horrible weather, it's understandable, we are fine to wait, knowing his work is brilliant, can't wait for a new layout. 

Everything we needed to do is done, it's been hard work, but we did enjoy creating new beds, and working out where things will go, the strawberry tower is the only thing where we have not found it's spot yet, but it's OK where it is until next May. I have a few thoughts for next spring, but mainly tweaks, I have always made full use of our garden, there is little space, but I will always want to grow more.

It's such a nice change to have dry days, it has not been too cold here either, like everyone else I am sick of the constant rain, its nice to be outside. The cold air from the north arrived over night, it's much colder, today will only reach single figures, which is cooler than the overnight temperature here over night on Wednesday. I have not done anything on my pond area, I have everything except the energy to get going, it's not an issue, it will get done in time.

 My cold and cough is full on, headache and aching limbs, hubby has the same, we make a good pair, neither of us are sleeping very well. Hopefully we should start to feel better soon and find some energy, I am beginning to think I have man-flu. Thank you for George's birthday wishes, he like all our grandchildren bring us so much joy, but to me he is one special little boy.

5 comments:

  1. It does sound as though you have a touch of 'flu - aching limbs and so on. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that you too are suffering with the nasty cold. I've just succumbed and lit the woodturner. Little boy duty later on so just an hour more of peace before I collect the first one! Well done on all the garden work. Our poor thing is kind of having to put itself to bed for the Winter. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's been lovely to have some dry weather these last few days, it's supposed to turn colder next week but I don't mind that as long as it's dry. Sorry you're not feeling well, I had a bit of it last week, not as bad as you though, thankfully a couple of days doing very little sorted me out. Hope you and hubby feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's been so nice to have some drier days ...
    Sorry to read you and hubby have not been feeling well, I hope you both begin to feel better soon.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sorry to hear that you are not feeling up to snuff. Hopefully all clears up soon.

    Your olive tree is growing very well.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails