Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Thursday 2 November 2023

Boredom....

 .....is a terrible thing, as is our local craft shop face book page, Sarah the owner knows just what she is doing, this Christmas blanket comes as a pack in a box, knitted in DK, I'm bored, I don't need it, but it's something to do, I'm sure the little ones will love it. Sarah ordered 4 packs and whilst unpacking her order, she has already sold 3. 
Just being nosey, seeing what else was in the order, Sarah got these out, Aran yarn, I loved making my 2 chunky cardigans, and thought it would be good to have another. Everything has been added to my stash list, not the planned start to November. 
I have done more on my socks, I do love the feel of 3ply, and if everything goes well, I might make another pair, they do not grow as fast as my other socks, but with all this rain I do have plenty of time to craft. 


I am going to start my cardigan before finishing the socks, I love the colour of the yarn, I decided to make this one shorter, I do love the two I made from the design shown above, but a shorter one is a nice change. I am finding myself keeping really warm at the moment, I wear my normal light jumpers, which I wear through out the year, I pop an Aran cardigan over the top and it's really snug. 

I popped into town on Monday to get our fruit and veg, I did have a look around, as I am stumped on what to get hubby for Christmas, yes I know it's only November, but I do like to get things sorted before the stampede which is the run up to Christmas. We have set a £25 limit on gifts to each other, and my problem there is nothing he wants, and I can't think of anything he would use and enjoy. For a change the morning was dry, the bus journey home long as the traffic was backed up again, we sat for ages waiting to get past the closed lane, but for once there were people working. 

Tuesday we had a birthday in sign group, so it was more of a social morning, hubby spent the time outside, he has cut back our side flower bed, and dug out the salvias, they were too big. Hubby also started in the Magnolia tree, its a big job, he has filled one dustbin with shredded leaves, hopefully we will get another dry spell to get the tree finished, just a small bed to dig out and we are ready for landscaper.

Yesterday I did something very different, Sarah at our craft shop is struggling as the shop is busy, she does not want to take anyone on as she knows there won't be enough work for 3 people in January. So I am volunteering for a couple days a week to help out, just for 8 weeks, I know enough about most of her products to help customers, I had loads of fun with like minded ladies of all ages. Just 4 hours for my first time, I'm in all day on Saturday as Liz, her right hand lady is having a day off, it did not feel like work at all, so much fun.

We have got through the night loads of rain from storm Ciaran, we are still on an amber alert of wind, going to be a bumpy day.

8 comments:

  1. That winter blanket looks gorgeous, I'm not surprised you were tempted by it. The socks are looking great too. How exciting to work in the wool shop. I love working in retail in the lead up to Xmas. The atmosphere is great. I like helping people find what they are looking for and seeing the different things people buy. In fact, I've just got another retail job and I'm really looking forward to starting work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the idea of a cardi in Aran will be lovely and warm. And I'm just starting sock knitting again, love sock knitting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a dream gig, working in a craft shop! Just looking at your pictures makes my fingers itch. What lovely yarn. Your socks are coming along very prettily. I am plodding along on socks for Hubby. He likes llooonnnggg legs...boring; plus they are very plain. Making myself finish them before starting another project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can quite see why you were tempted by the Christmas blanket. The Aran wool is pretty and will be so nice to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful blanket...sadly not enough spare time here to warrant the kit! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That blanket does look lovely.
    I think you will enjoy your time working in the craft shop.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful blanket. I am sure you are going to loveG working on it. Good for you helping out in the store.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks like a lovely blanket and I'm not surprised that you want to get started even if you haven't quite finished the socks :-)
    Enjoy your time at the shop . It will be fun helping like minded crafting people with their purchases and just general crafty chatter.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails