Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Monday 13 November 2023

Knitting

I have just finished my second sock, it was much easier to match the patterns, I did stop and think about matching as I started the first sock, and started at a defined spot in the colour pattern. I do like to see the patterns matching, I'm sure no one would notice if they did not match. BUT I would know. I have to sew the ends in, not to many, should not take long, I did enjoy using 3ply on this small project.
I have started with my blanket, this is DK yarn, I do knit loose and always use a smaller needle, but because this is a blanket, and I would like it warm and strong, I decided to use 3.5m needles, so the squares are smaller and dense, I'm not worried if they are not square, as long as they all look the same. It's a fun easy pattern, it directs you to knit each pattern in all the colour choices, rather than following the layout on the blanket, I am doing my third design. 
I got these tea towels in Dunelm, I love the fabric, they won't be used for drying dishes, I have an idea for the green one with Merry Christmas on, the other will go into my stash. I did see some lovely fabric Christmas tree ornaments when I was out, I might have a try at making some for myself.
In a devil may care moment I went online to look for 3ply sock yarn, I was very surprised not many sites have any selections, my local shop does not sell 3py. I found a site selling German sock yarn, which I like, I fell in love with the hand dyed blue colour, I was cross with myself as the purple is cotton, which I don't use for socks, I have a ball of white in my stash which is the same weight, I will have a think of how to use them. The 3rd colour is just shades I love. 

I have not done anymore to my needle felting, I have an issue, which once sorted I will post about, no desire to get my sewing machine out at the moment. I am not making my Christmas cards this year, I have everything I need to make them other than desire, I did get some nice packs back in January at half price, I can't see me making cards again, I have kept everything, I'm sure grandchildren as they get older will use what I have, if not the local school will get everything.

Friday we took the bus to our local hospital for a quick check up, afterwards we stayed on the bus and went into town, just a couple bits to get, we had lunch out and then back home for the afternoon. 

Saturday was sunny and bright, a line of laundry was done, hubby walked to the village for Remembrance service, I did a few things in the house and then outside picking up leaves, and a general check around of the garden, I have started to make a small wildlife pond, something I have wanted for ages, I need some plants, I will post when it's looks finished.

Sunday we had Molly for a visit, mummy took George to a party and Will slept over at Grandma's house, she is much better and was chatty the whole time, she was very putout because the patch of garden outside the patio doors was messy, we did not go out, she kept going to the glass door and telling Grancha it's messy sort it. We did see George but not for long, mummy had to get back for Will. Hubby baked loads, we still have lemon cake made a few days earlier, he made a blackberry and apple tart and a few mince pies, everything taste brilliant, he also made home made soup on Saturday, so loads of tasty things to eat. 

8 comments:

  1. The socks look great , very clever! Very jealous of your ‘husband who bakes’ .

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward to seeing your pond. Ponds attract so much wildlife and are a source of pleasure all year round.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally agree about the matching socks. I get teased a lot in knitting group about my socks...but I would know! Yours are beautiful, and the blanket looks like it would not get boring at all. Very nice. Love the colour of the hand dyed skein. Will be looking forward to the pond build.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the socks, I've never seen 3ply sock yarn only 4ply.
    Looking forward to seeing how your wildlife pond does, It's something that I would like to have a go at next year so do share any tips you come across :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great matching on those socks!!! Really nice colourway, and I am very surprised there is not more 3 ply sock yarn available.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your socks are wonderful - one day I might just have a go. I love tea towel fabric as often you cannot find that kind of thickness in the fabric shops and I use them for making table mats, peg bags and all sorts of things.
    Sorry for lack of comments recently - Google not working well in blogger but I keep trying. If this comes out as Anonymous I am from 'where the journey takes me 2'.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those socks look great.
    Hope the week is going well for you.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely socks and the blanket is going to be gorgeous. Looking forward to seeing the finished result. Enjoy the process.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails