Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Friday 17 November 2023

I've got a body

This is the 3rd time of knitting this design, it's using Aran yarn, the finished item is really warm to wear. I am making changes here, as I often do, I decided I did not need this to be so long, it comes to just below my waist. I've clipped these seams together and will sew them up soon, I do like to use these plastic clips purchased for sewing, they hold both seams flat.
The front matches, it's is easier when you have a pattern, where you can record each point you start the shaping. This design is simple and looks very neat, unlike my photo where the cardi is skew whiff. 
Because I shortened the body length, the pockets are much smaller, but other than a tissue, I don't put anything in my pockets.
Again with the shoulder shaping, instead of casting off, I left the stitches on the needles, once the front and back were finished, I knitted a stitch from each side together and cast off, it's much neater and quicker than following the directions on the pattern. 
I am making my green cardi with a collar, which I am going to pickup more stitches and make it bigger, if I button it up on my purple one, the collar does not sit well. These days I prefer to wear thinner jumpers and a cardigan, I feel much warmer. 

I am really enjoying knitting as the evenings are getting darker, I have the two arms, the button bands and the collar to finish here, but for now I will take another break and go back to knitting the squares for my Christmas blanket. 

It's been a quiet week, sign group was fun, I did a half day in the craft shop on Wednesday, market day, it was busy. Thursday we popped to Tesco looking for a few bits and a Christmas jumper each, rest of the very wet day was spent at home. 

Today is the start of a busy weekend,  doing something different for us.

14 comments:

  1. I like your Aran makes very much. I have the yarn and several patterns to choose from so I really should get on with knitting an Aran garment soon. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
  2. The plastic clips are very useful. I use them when I'm stretching a cross stitch for lacing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your cardigan is coming long so nicely! Your cables are beautiful. What a good idea about joining the shoulders. I always find the shaping difficult to join. Can you clarify exactly what a 'jumper' is please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A jumper in the UK is a sweater in USA, Marlene, Poppypatchwork

      Delete
    2. Can a jumper be front opening with buttons or a zip down the front? or is a jumper only a pullover? For instance, your cardi would probably be called a sweater over here by most folk, and a pullover would also be a sweater.

      Delete
    3. Here a jumper does not have an opening, you pull it over your head, can be smart or scruffy, Marlene, Poppypatchwork

      Delete
  4. Your cardigan is coming on lovely, those wonder clips are very useful for many things. Hope you have a nice weekend

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love a bit of cable though it does take some concentration, yours looks great.
    www.mylifeinflipflops.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice pattern and beautifully knitted.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty sweater. I love how you adapt the pattern. A jumper here across the pond is a dress type thing that one would wear over a thin sweater or a t-shirt.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cardigan is coming along very nicely ...

    Your weekend being busy and doing something different sounds intriguing! Enjoy whatever you're doing.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love to see your knitting projects. You are such a talented knitter. I use those clips for sewing sometimes. They are very useful and I prick my fingers a lot less when I use them.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your cardigan is looking great and I do like the method you used for joining the shoulder seems. I haven't knitted anything Aran for a long time.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love to be able to knit. Beautiful work.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails