Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Saturday 25 November 2023

Darn

I was given this book to read and honestly I almost gave up twice, but the lovely friend will ask me about the book, our reading taste are very different, it was a sweet book about a simpler time. Book 35 read this year.
In my last craft post I said I was popping this cardi to one side and doing more squares for my blanket, but somehow it stayed by my chair and I have done the button band and worked the collar, which is now bigger than the design, I have the buttonhole band to do, which I will sort next and then the sleeves. The sides still needs sewing together. 

We have had a issue with our 2 electrical sockets in the extension which is our sitting room, they intermittently stop working, we called a local electrician, who could find no issue with the sockets or consumer box, (the big fuse box), we have emergency cover for our electrics, so we called a man in, he checked everything throughout the whole house. His report says he thinks the issue is with the joining of the electrics from the old ring main to the newer extended part of the house, and strangely, this was done he thinks under the floorboard in our dining room, which would have been acceptable back in 1982 when extension was done. Our issue is our hard wood floor, it needs to be lifted in one corner to check and then lifted to find the joins, it's been down almost 14 years, and everyone has said, we can lift but it won't go back down. The wooden floor is through the sitting, dining rooms and hall, it's bumped and marked, but as a natural product it still looks good, we dont have any spare boards, for now we will put everything on hold, and stopped using the sockets (which is a pain), decisions will have to be made next year. 

I have also decided to stop going to sign group, it is a morning which I really enjoy, we all get along, but sadly for me, my neighbour across the road, who I have been car sharing with has become very outspoken on the journeys, in our last journey she was extremely rude to me. I can't see anyway I can stop car sharing without others making comments, as the neighbour would ensure the issue would be placed back on me, so rather than cause any issues within the group, I will sadly fade from their numbers. I am sad, but I don't like confrontation, and I don't want her to have the journey space to be so horrible, I already see less of her, which she has already complained to everyone I'm ignoring her. Why is life so painful and why does the horrible people have the loudest voices. 

I am still full of bugs, and general feel yuck, these bugs are not going anywhere, I have slept better in the last two nights, I'm hoping it's the start of feeling better. 

Sorry for a negative post, but for now it's our life, the new year will bring loads of changes for us. I think it's time to think only of Christmas, it's almost time to get the decorations out.

12 comments:

  1. Is there no way that you can use a cable tracer to follow the wiring from the extension sockets back along it's route to joining to the ring main? That way you may be able to pinpoint where the suspect join is without lifting any more of the floor than is absolutely necessary?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the plan, but the issue is getting the boards back down, as they will be in the middle of the room not the edge. BUT the floor should be lifted the way it was laid, and the final board went in on the other side of the room.

      Delete
  2. Some friends already have their Christmas decorations up.
    We were going to wait until December 1st ... but maybe we will get them out sooner?!

    Hope you begin to feel better soon - kick out the nasty bugs :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Christmas decorations at home are always December for me

      Delete
  3. Life is sometimes negative, but you have figured out some positive reactions.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think these bugs are not helping me, I have been talking of hibernating this winter.

      Delete
  4. Could you go to your next meeting directly. Run an errand and then go directly from there to the group.. It seems unfortunate that you have to miss something you enjoy. If the person is outspoken at the group because of this I think the other members will pick up on the situation and may be supportive to you. Jean in Winnipeg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been doing this already, only sharing when I have too, but her comments are already horrible, but only to me, never infront of others.

      Delete
    2. I’m so sorry to read that. It boggles the mind how hurtful people can be. It’s definitely not what you need in life. Jean in Winnipeg

      Delete
  5. It's sad that you feel you have to give up something you enjoy because one person is being unpleasant. I understand your reaction - I am the same and do anything to avoid confrontation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your beautiful cardigan has inspired me, and I just ordered a kit for a hooded, aran cardigan.... So sorry to hear of your neighbour, and that unpleasantness. Life is really too short to have to contend with that sort of stuff. Is there really no other way to continue going to something you love?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear of your electrical problems. I don't blame you for leaving it until next year to sort out. Too much disruption just before Xmas. Sorry as well that you are having problems with your neighbour. Some people can be very deliberate with their rudeness, knowing that their victim is non-confrontational and will not make a fuss. I had this issue at my last job, which was one of the main reasons I left. It does, however, seem a great pity that you have to step away from the group, but I don't blame you. No one wants to have to put up with other people's unwarranted rudeness. It wouldn't surprise me if group members already know what she is like. I hope you get back there at some point.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails