Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Thursday 31 March 2022

March round-up


It's a more normal spend this month, I did get some seeds, bulbs and a couple small shrubs, I also got some small plants to grow on, and some more fencing, but the selling of my arbour gave me the money to pay for the fencing. I have not purchased any crafting supplies, I have everything here I need. I did purchase a pair of cheap summer sandals, another pack of bra's, I think my spending on clothes this year might be a bit more, I've had 3 very cheap years. Also two silk orchid stems, which will stop me purchasing another orchid plant, I pop the silk stems into a flower less plant, you can't tell the difference. I have been using our village library, so no spending on books. 

We have been again very good with waste, hubby sold our old garden table, it was too big for us, the lady was delighted with it, and a man came and took away the blackcurrant bush, he was going to plant it the same evening on his allotment. Our garden cuttings and kitchen peelings are still going in our composter, I'm not missing the garden waste bag system. No food waste, again it all about portion size and purchasing just what you need. No big supermarket shop this month, one small visit to Lidl's,  but I will need to pop to Lidl soon for fridge items. 

My weight is not so good I have popped on a couple of pounds, not enough walking in the beginning of the month, I'm not worried, I can do it, already I'm hitting my step target 3 or 4 days a week, soon I will be able to increase it. 


11 comments:

  1. You're doing really well. I haven't bought any new clothes either, not much point when the wardrobes are full and I have more than I need, could do with decluttering in actual fact.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was the same 4 years ago when I stopped working, I thinner out loads and have been wearing the rest.

      Delete
  2. No crafty spends at all, you have been good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have done extremely well with your spending this month, Marlene, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can sympathise with the weight going on...yet I used to be so skinny...x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haven´t bought clothes for a couple of years, not going anywhere so making do with what I have. I also dislike shopping, especially clothes so haven´t minded. Being careful with your grocery shop is very good, especially as the prices have rocketed. Enjoy your weekend xcx

    ReplyDelete
  6. I dislike clothes shopping so try and avoid it as much as possible. Some of my clothes are years old, so I really should make more effort.
    Great that you were able to buy the fence with your arbour money :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't buy many clothes no I don't go out to work, I don't like shopping for clothes at the best of times. I'm trying yo use as much of my craft supplies as possible this year so trying to keep the spending down on that. I'm sure you will loose the extra pounds as soon as the weather picks up, I've lost 10lb so far, which I'm very happy with

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails