Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Tuesday 29 March 2022

A bit of everything

 It was Mothering Sunday, I had lovely cards, I asked again for no gifts, I have everything I want, loads of lovely blooms in the garden, so I didn't really need cut flowers. I always say the best cards have big writing made by small hands. 

 

Daughter popped in for a coffee and chat in afternoon, we missed her little ones, but it was lovely to have time together, for a chat in the sun. She did get me a lovely bar of chocolate.

Did you know Ikea Duvet covers are smaller than standard UK duvets, we didn't, so our lovely floral covers did not quite fit our bed, and the duvet was bunched up inside, we were not comfortable at night. We decided to get more new covers and another quilt, this time in super king size, so plenty of overhang, I think our bed looks much better. The Ikea covers are all sold out, so we popped the 2 king size covers on facebook and sold them quickly. 

The mixture of the beautiful weather and this being a slow story, it's taken me ages to read, it, I did enjoy the plot, it was a bit like The Thursday murder club, but it did have to grow on me. Book 29 read this year.

  

The garden is looking good, I did nothing on Sunday, we had a lazy day outside, hubby made one of my favourite dishes fish pie with creamy mash top for tea. I should have sorted the greenhouse, we are fore caste for cooler weather and snow, which is not showing to come as far down as the south coast. When we built the greenhouse is was a hot sunny weekend in June, and we suffered with the heat, so working on it this week when it's cooler will be better for us. I think the chance of a heavy frost has gone, I have loads of covers if a frost is looming. We did suggest we wait until Easter weekend when my brother will be here to help. 

Monday daughter picked me up early, we went to garden centre looking for 2 small standard bay trees to finish off her front garden, we had a lovely wander around, just Molly with us, so single pushchair. Sadly even visiting a few different places, we could not get what she wanted. Later another lazy evening at home, I started another Linwood Barclay book. 

I do have my sewing machine out again, the new king size duvet, which we have used for a few weeks, I want to cut down and make a duvet for Molly's cot, save daughter purchasing one, I can then cut down the 2 old white covers as well. Now the bedroom is sorted, I want to make the cushion covers using the cross stitch work I have already completed. 

Today we are out for lunch, twice a year our sign group go to a local pub for lunch, very sociable, sadly a couple of ladies won't be attending, but hubby's are welcome. 


 

4 comments:

  1. You had some lovely cards on Mothering Sunday and I bet that chocolate pizza is yummy. Enjoy your lunch out today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you've had a busy weekend and received some lovely Mother's Day cards. I didn't know about the Ikea duvet covers but it's not a place where I shop. The covers you bought are pretty though so I'm glad you managed to sell them on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did receive some lovely cards for Mothers Day.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. What lovely cards and a bar of chocolate to snack on. Perfection.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails