Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Friday 18 March 2022

Really

I could not put this book down, the story was through three generations of women, cleverly told, not an easy subject, motherhood is a struggle and your child is different, how would it end, this author is definitely on my list to read any other books written by her. Book 26. 

I am really loving his style of writing, every book subject is very different, here another good plot, I guessed the first twist, but it did not take anything from the story. Another unique plot, you wake up and your family is gone, house is super tidy, you are just alone. Don't you just love a brilliant book, book 27 read this year. 
Wednesday night I did not sleep well, my sleep is recorded on my fitbit and I had the lowest score, I ached everywhere, cough, sore throat and headache, I could have easily stayed in bed the following morning. I felt a bit better being up, we both had negative covid test on Thursday, it was a sunny day with a cold breeze, perfect for working in the garden, I was not up to doing anything and hubby's back was sore. We did get a short walk around our park, my new bedroom curtains arrived. Another bad night on Thursday, still feeling unwell, so many bugs going around, plenty of reading time, such a shame as the blue skies looked inviting, just no energy to do much. 

Today we both feel much the same, so a very slow start, we are both going outside to do a few task, hubby will uncover the patio furniture, I've a few things to plant, if our weather is changing we want to be able to sit outside and enjoy our garden. 

8 comments:

  1. I'm sorry you don't feel too well, I hope you start to feel better soon. Gosh, you read super quick, do you speed read? or just pick your book up throughout the day?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am a fast reader, but feeling unwell, I have sat and read a lot.

      Delete
  2. The sunshine is wonderful, its do mood uplifting now the days are brighter warmer and longer. I'm hoping to start some seeds off this week. The books sound great. I'll see if I can order from the library. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry to hear that you don't feel well. I hope you both feel better soon x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard of people testing negative when they're feeling unwell but then testing positive later so keep testing. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry that you are not feeling well. I love Linwood Barclay's novels. Haven't read that one yet.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to read you have not been feeling too well, I do hope you feel better soon.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Do hope you feel better soon. Glad to hear it isn't Covid. Take care. Amanda x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails