Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Monday 7 March 2022

Lazy days

I love Jodi Picoult, I was really looking forward to reading this book, 1 woman 2 time lines, I did read it to the end, but twice I thought of giving up on it, I kept reading in hope the plot would become interesting, sadly for me it did not. Book 20  read this year. 
What do I call this book, a thriller, a murder mystery, it's more of a black comedy, murder in a posh school, I enjoyed every word, could not put the book down, it was amusing, I have read one of her books before, I will add her to my list of authors. Book 21 read this year. 
This is the 2nd book read by this author, I enjoyed the story line as much as the 1st one, both very different, a interesting topic, well executed with a couple of 'what the' moments, another great book. Book 22 read this year.
Our bedroom is done, the new mattress was delivered and old one taken within the time promised, in the middle of the day, we had plenty of time before to move the bed and clean, and plenty of time after the delivery to put the room back and all the photo's on the stair wall. Only the curtains have to be changed, if we can find some we like. 


My 1st night in our bed was uncomfortable, I kept waking up and having to change positions, we checked to see the mattress was on correct as my side is medium and hubby's side is firm, which it was, since then I have had better nights sleep, it was just getting used to it. On the plus side I did have less hot flushes, so the lighter duvet worked. I have been slow to get out my sewing machine, so no cushions have been made yet. 

Sunday I should have been outside in the garden for a while, with so many buds forming on plants, I really needed to cut some back, I just hope the weather is kind for a few days and does not drop temperature too low, and I can get outside. As expected our neighbour has refused to let us renew the broken panels in the fence, she has huge post propping the panels up, the wind always blows towards her garden so they always fall into her side. So for now we do nothing, 2 of the 3 panels are still intact, the 3rd is splintered but further away from the house.

Sunday I soaked dried fruit in lemon and orange juice ready for baking today, it's my Christmas cake recipe, I'm making it for Easter, I won't add the marzipan or icing, just a lovely fruit cake, I will feed it with brandy a couple of times. We had laundry out on the line drying, I do love the smell when items are dried outside.

This morning we are having Molly whilst daughter pops to gym, no other plans, I really should be doing more, I just don't have any desire to do anything. 

11 comments:

  1. I'm glad the bed is more comfortable now after that first night, I suppose it will take a bit of getting used to. The temperature here is warming up a little over the next few days so you may be lucky and be able to get out in the garden. Our neighbours replaced our fence on Saturday, unfortunately, they damaged our wall in the process! There's always something, isn't there. Anyway, Mick repaired it yesterday so it's all done now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great interesting post. Didn't know you could get a mattress with two different sides, that's brilliant.
    As for books, I could never get on with jodi Picoult, I have read Linwood Barclay but not the other one, like you I will add her to my list.
    Don't worry about your mojo, it will return.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh,you are busy.Can't understand your neighbour why wont she let you repair the fence.I too didn't know you could buy mattresses with two different sides,how amazing.It is crazy windy here and brrrr so cold.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its awful when you are reading a book and you keep going but the story line doesn't gel with you for some reason. WE bought a new mattress a few years ago, it cost a small fortune and I never got on with it at all. I was well pleased when I moved into my own bedroom and had my old mattress.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm your fruitcake sounds delicious! Your book reading is so impressive! |I have never read a Jodi Picoult, are they all very emotional? Or am I confusing her with another author?
    Jillx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She can head towards being emotional, but she is normally a good read.

      Delete
  6. Pleased you are getting used to your new mattress and that the lighter tog duvet worked ...

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Two more books to add to my ever growing list. I may never get done.

    I am glad the bed is getting more comfortable for you.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's wonderful to have a mattress with two different sides and I do like your button rug. How awkward of your neighbour refusing to let you renew the broken fence panels, would she allow you to do it if you paid? It's what I would do just to get the job done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We pay for every repair or replacement to the fence, they insist the boundary is shared, the daughter who now lives there on her own just likes to be a awkward as she can be. The neighbour the other side has taken her to court to get things clean and tidy on their shared drive, she has ignored everything so far, we are waiting to see the outcome, if necessary we will do the same, but it's very expensive.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails