Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Sunday 20 March 2022

All change.

This bottom end of the garden is very rustic, which I like, it's where I do most of my work with my shed and greenhouse here. I moved the fruit bushes along the garage wall last year when we put the big Acer into the ground by the decking, shown in this post. The blueberries are not in the best position here, and with hubby saying he doesn't want any more blackcurrants, I will give away the bush using local selling pages. I've been thinking about this space. 
 This area by the greenhouse door has been changed many times, I had my metal table and chairs here, then various pots and now my leaf mulch dustbin, it's a very sunny spot and the dustbin does not need the sunshine, so.....
My thoughts are to relocate the fruit tubs, here there are 3 tubs, they are next to the blackberry bush planted in the ground. I'm thinking of moving the big blueberry bush pot and the smaller gooseberry pot to the back along the fence in the sunshine and away from the bird feeders, I could then put the dustbin next to the blackberry vine, the empty pot from the blackcurrant bush, I could fill with my triple Acers and pop in front. The sink would then move back just a bit. This arbour is beautiful, but I will sell it, I don't need it anywhere else, all the netting can be easily removed. If the fruit bushes need netting, I have 2 tall arches I can use, they won't look as bulky as the lovely arbour. 

I spent time in the garden removing the netting from the arbour, moving the pots and sweeping this area, I had a small black grass I needed to relocate, I managed to get two more plants from it, one for my sister and the smaller one in a pot until it's much bigger. I do love free plants, I popped the blackcurrant on our local free page and it was quickly collected. I sold the arbour for £70, which is the cost of two metal decorative fence pieces for in front of the greenhouse, hubby is going to cut down the two panels as I don't want them at full height. I was rather pleased not to have to purchase the metal fences. It took a few days to get the work done, I really was not going to rush it, and we had a weekend away in the middle of the sort. 

Here are the after photo's. 



I'm really pleased with how it looks, I really could have done without cutting my finger, I've got a couple of butterfly stitches in it, it's right beside the bend and I need to keep my finger straight until it mends. Soon I hope to pop out all the garden ornaments and bring everywhere back to summer mode. Being outside in the sunshine has helped me feel much better, I'm sure it was a touch of flu, my sister who I visited last week has had the same symptoms as me.

Thank you to everyone for your kind comments, I had 2 negative test, so I don't think it was covid, I still have symptoms, but the sunny days with the doors open, sat outside in warm sun is healing me. Plus being in the garden is always so dam good. 

9 comments:

  1. A garden is never finished, there's always changes to be made. The forecast is good for the coming week so you'll be able to sit out and enjoy all your hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good to change things around, inside or out. Sorry you cut your finger, I hope it heals quickly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about your finger hope it heals soon. I love seeing your garden, ours is coming along slowly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how your garden is continually evolving. There is always somethings interesting going on :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, quite a difference. I think it looks a bit more spacious.

    Hope your finger heals very soon.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your garden is looking lovely and I can see things are beginning to wake up . Warmer days are coming . Enjoy taking time to sit , relax and watch the bees . Let Mother Nature heal you 🌻🌺🌹

    ReplyDelete
  7. The changes look great. I'm sure the fruit bushes will enjoy being in the sunshine.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nothing like a bit of gardening in the sunshine to rejuvenate our Winter weary bodies...shame about the injury though. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your garden is looking lovely with the changes you have made.
    Hope you are feeling better and your finger heals quickly.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails