Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Wednesday 30 March 2022

Back inside

 Another book finished, I again loved the plot, can you imagine looking at google maps, street view and you see a murdered head in a window, very clever, I could not put it down, he is very diverse in his themes. I'm not normally a fan of books based in America, this is the best I've read of his so far, I will look for more books when I pop to our library. Book 30 read this year. 

My Chinese money plant is doing well, loads of new growth and the baby is getting huge, the tiny 2nd baby did not grow, at some point I will re-pot this baby, but it's happy here, I can see roots are forming, I have 5 new leaves on the mother plant. 
I have not started my animals as yet, I have everything, I still have a few household sewing jobs, we did not sell the quilt covers, they lady came with less money and we refused to sell them, if we still have them later this week, I will use them for Molly's cot quilt covers, they can be cut down easily. I can also make a small play mat and some cushions to match, I have done the same in the boys room. 

Tuesday we had a lovely meal out, in a pub we have never been to, there were 9 of us, so plenty of chatter, after we popped to B&Q, hubby needed a few things, I got a couple of trays of plug plants, these can be grown on. It was lovely not to have to sort an evening meal, very relaxing time. Our cat flap broke, it's one which reads the chip in our cats neck, a replacement arrived quickly, but the fun and games started trying to get the cat's through the flap, they had already worked out it's not working, Grace was not too bad, but Purdy was not having it. We finally got her through the next day, she watched Grace using it and we tricked her into coming in, they can now come and go as they please.

Today, no Molly mummy is still feeling poorly, so no gym, another dull cold day, a walk to the village, new library books and look at plants. Our village has mixed feelings, our big carpark has travellers set up using the whole area, so mean folks are really not happy, loads of Facebook post about the mess they are causing, lock your doors, men cold calling to do various jobs. I'm not sure on what to say, I would rather they were not there, but they are people, even if they don't follow the rules we use, our local council are in the process of moving them on. 

I am not liking the change in the weather, firstly I have stopped wearing my sandals, I loved having them on last week, it's so cool here, but no frost so greenhouse (without the glass) is OK. I can't really complain, here on the south coast we miss most of the bad weather, I'm just itching for spring and summer, so we can spend time outside in our garden again



7 comments:

  1. What a cheek some people have, fancy turning up to buy something with less money than you've agreed. I'd have refused to sell them too. Yes, it's much cooler than it was last week, it's raining heavily here just now and we've got snow forecast for later on today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have travellers regularly setting up in our locality even on the green in our road one time and another time in the church grounds. They leave an awful mess behind when they are moved on, I could add more but I won't. It's much colder today, what a shame that nice weather didn't last.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have read all of Linwood Barclay books up to and including the '23' series. If and when you start on this series try to get them in order. There didn't seem to be many books after '23' so I went on to other authors, but I shall keep a look out for any I have missed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds interesting, will have to check them out.

      Delete
  4. I wouldn´t have the nerve to turn up with less money than agreed, cheek. Great idea to re utilize them though. Maybe even backing, if you do patchwork. Hope the family are feeling better xcx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cheek to turn up without the agreed cost, are you advertising it locally on FB, might be worth doing that? I've read quite a few of his book and like his style.
    I've had to go back to my original blog as I couldn't sort out the problem on the other one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. People always seem to want to pay less than what they promised. Great ideas for use if they don't sell.

    Your money plant is doing so well.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails