Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Friday 4 March 2022

Wet out, busy in.

My new Chinese money plant is looking good, firstly there are two new leaves in the middle of the plant, so I am hopeful it's coming back to a beautiful plant, then in front is a baby, which has grown huge with 7 leaves, loads of new growth, I have checked and there are not many roots. In the very front is another tiny baby, these are growing much like strawberries, on runners from the main plant. 
My string of pearls in Bette's head is looking good, I have over the past year been layering the strings back on top of her head, I wanted her to have thick lovely 'hair' even if I had to wait for ages, with all the new growth it should start to fill out, and now I can let it grow downwards. In the smaller pot is a plant from my greenhouse, my hairdresser loves these plants, but has never grown one big, so this one in the small photo is for her, when she next visits. 

This cactus flowered last November, and yet again there are buds, these plants love this spot in my bathroom, it's the sunniest spot after my office. 
In the sitting room, my Orchid is looking good, I am hopeful these blooms will last for months, this is my last Amaryllis, it's leaves are almost a tall as me, but again no flower, I re-potted this bulb in the autumn, I will let it die back and try again next year, I would like for just one bulb to have a second year of blooms.  

After many sunny dry days we have rain, nothing heavy and the winds are low, its turned cold again, it's keeping me inside. We have removed the photos on the walls in the stair well, I have cleaned each frame and glass, ready to be put back, we have also removed the old mattress from our bed, we had to place a huge bag over it before it can be removed by the company. We dragged out our king-size bed, much lighter without the mattress on, I have cleaned the whole space and the bed is back in its place, ready for the new mattress arriving later today. Once the new mattress is on the bed and the old one is taken, I can sort everywhere and make it tidy, our stairs are not huge so we had to clear everything, in hope the guys don't struggle much. 

Almost every night I am too hot, so we have purchased a 7.5 tog duvet, replacing our 10.5tog, I hope tonight I get a full night's sleep. I passed on the 4 cushions which I dressed the bed with, a local lady was delighted to have them, the purple throw I am using on our sitting room floor when Molly visits. I have 3 cushions covers to make, using 3 cross stitch deigns I have made in recent years, I have the rest of the fabric, so sewing machine out this weekend. We have not seen any curtains, I am thinking I might have to make them, which is a pain, it's years since I have made curtains, in fact my last homemade pair are the bedroom curtains I am trying to replace. We decided not to paint the bedroom, it still looks good, the white gloss is still looking tidy, the carpet still has a few years life left in it. Once the cushions are made I will post some photos, the room will look very different. We have laundered both duvet covers and pillowcases a coup[le of times,  in hope I can sleep in them, whilst being 100% cotton, they are Percale which I think is the issue, if not its an expensive mistake. 

As always one simple task makes loads of new work, but now most of its done I'm happy, no sign group this week, I was on nanna duty, sadly one lady has tested positive, so everyone is taking care, I'm pleased to have missed the morning as I've had babysitting a few times this week and I don't want to let daughter down.  

6 comments:

  1. You may have to set an alarm tomorrow, sleeping on a new mattress and a new duvet, you might just be too snug and comfy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought a small Chinese Money Plant but it didn't survive, all the leaves dropped off! I love the String of Pearls. Yes, sorting out always crates more mess, but it's lovely once it's done. Have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your plants are growing beautifully. Love the Chinese Money Plant.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to see your cross stitch cushions! Love all your plant but especially the Christmas cactus.
    I've just restarted my blog at emeraldcottage.blogspot.co.uk , would be lovely to see you over there :)
    Jillxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello ♡
    You have a wonderful blog. Great post, it's very inspiring here and I love this style on blogs :)
    Lovely photos. Each has something in it. They all look great! :)
    I love such inspiring blogs, maybe you want to stay in touch and agree to follow for follow on our blogs?
    Regards nice and warm from Poland ♡

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your plants are doing very well, nice to see the photographs.
    Hope the new week ahead is a good one for you.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails