Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Saturday 2 April 2022

Looking out

I have moved this pot to the edge of our decking, much closer to where we sit and look out, the colours are stunning, and there are more bulbs to come, this is my pot of spring, I smile every time I see the blooms. 
There are so many spring blooms around my tiny plot, most grown in pots or my small bed made into the decking by the back door. I don't plant bulbs in the ground as my heavy clay rots them. Every year I add different things to my clay in hope I can break it down. 
I not sorry for showing this plant(s) again, I am so happy with the growth, the colours zing against the white background, it was a poorly placed door to the garage, hubby has covered it. 
Book 31 this year, I was given this book, I have read her before, it was an interesting plot about a crescent of homes and the people who live there, a bit light for me, with much too tidy ending, but it was enjoyable. 
We popped to Lidl's on Friday for weekend food, not a huge shop our store cupboards are full, this plant came home with me, it's a Bougainvillea, I've wanted one for ages and at £5.99 not a bad price. I'm keeping in my sunny office for a while, let it settle before potting it into a pretty pot. 

It has been much cooler here along the south coast, no frost and defiantly no snow, it was windy, which meant I did not sleep well on Wednesday night, my worry was the greenhouse with a pane of glass missing. Every thing in the garden including the greenhouse was good on Thursday morning, but it was colder, just above freezing, we even had the heating on for longer in the morning, something we have been avoiding. We did get icy rain for a while in the afternoon, lovely blue skies with a huge black cloud every now and then, the breeze ensured the clouds kept moving, everything was OK in my greenhouse. 

Friday lazy day at home, did housework top to bottom, I do like it clean before the weekend, old habits never change, we are both ultra tidy so not too much work, hubby made a marmalade cake. We did pop to shop for fresh food, then sat and read most of afternoon and evening, it was another bright sunny cold day after a very cold night. 

Today I am babysitting George and Molly whilst Will goes to a birthday party, I won't be rushing home afterwards, I want some catching up time with Will. Two of the friends we had lunch with on Tuesday have tested positive for covid, we both had negative test this morning. We are having home made pizza for tea tonight. 

I have seen a cross stitch I am thinking of starting, I have everything here I need, just need to purchase the pdf. I'm also going to make another Tunisian crochet lap blanket, using the hoard of 4ply cotton yarn I have. 



 

12 comments:

  1. Your Spring flower pot is lovely. I hope your friends will be OK and good news you haven't caught the virus. Enjoy the special time spent with your grandchildren today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's lovely to see gardens filled with colour again. Lidl do some great plants at such good prices, it's hard to resist, especially if it's something you've been wanting, good find. Have a good day with George and Molly, I hope Will enjoys his party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a lovely time of year to see plenty of colour in the garden.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that idea - a Pot of Spring. I'm looking at planting up some bulbs now, a little late maybe but time seems to have slipped by so fast this year. Enjoy that lovely spot of colour out your window :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like to mix bulbs, it makes the colour in larger pots last much longer.

      Delete
  5. I had a bougainvillea that lasted me for 10 years (hauled it in every winter and out every spring), it got huge. It also got lovely large thorns. They are so very pretty and do very well in a pot.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. All of your flowers are gorgeous! I've never grown bulbs in a pot but I think I will try. I love that Bougainvillea too! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heavy clay and most bulbs rot in the soil over winter, I am lucky to get 1 lots of flowers from them, I have snowdrops in the garden and they are just holding their own, normally they would spread.

      Delete
  7. The bougainvillea is beautiful and I do love your spring pot. Colour in the garden is always so welcome, isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your pots look very colourful, good luck with the bougainvillea. Mother in law had a whole wall covered in it when they lived in Cyprus

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your tulips in their pots look amazing! Can't wait t see the cross stitch!
    Jillxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. All of your flowers look wonderful. Spring is finally here :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails