Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Thursday 24 March 2022

Spring is here.

I have buds and new shoots everywhere in the garden, I love this time of year, so much promise to come, all the years of work explode in spring. Tulips are beginning to flower, I grow these in pots as the bulbs rot in our clay soil. Some daffs are still in bloom, and the hyacinths by the back door are full of colour and scent. 
Blooms on the Magnolia are beautiful, I picked up the petals before taking this photo, but already there are more dropped, every time I walk down the garden, I stop and pick them up. I will never be disappointed with this view, I love our garden, after years of wishing it was bigger, I now think it's the perfect size for us. 
Our new table looks much better on the decking, here with our old chairs, the recliners  were not as good as we hoped, but hubby made 2 decent ones out of the 4 chairs, we have another 2 smaller folding chairs in the garage, they all match in colour. The bench is by the side of the garage, it's position is in the afternoon shade, handy for hot days, plus we can always bring it on the decking if we want more seats. 
Another brilliant book, the end surprised me, no guessing this time, her style of writing is very descriptive, normally I get annoyed, but this was an interesting plot, I have read other books by her, book 28 read this year. I was asked do I speed read, no, but I am a fast reader and most evenings we read, there is very few things we want to watch on TV, luckily hubby is a book worm as well. 

Spending so much time outside in the sunshine is so very good for me, I am feeling much better, still the silly lingering cough, but that is getting better, another negative test this week. My finger is healing, I am always amazed at our skin, how it heals, I still have sterile strips, just because I don't want to pull the wound. Monday we decided to sort the new bedroom curtains and bathroom blind, I stood on a chair to check we had the pole at the correct height, just a little twist, and yes I have put my back out. I hate that my body does not do as it once did, always with my back it just a small stupid move, so no big jobs being done this week, not that we have much to do.

I am really lucky hubby likes to get things done and completed, I rarely have to ask him more than once, and often if I want something moved in the garden, he will stop his task and help me. He is now asking for me to measure how much I want removing from the new railings, this won't be a quick job as each cut has to be done by hand, there is no rush. 

I did not get to George's nursey on Monday afternoon, daughter went instead and had a lovely time, Tuesday after we put our old bedroom curtains through the wash ( Will is going to have one for making garden dens and the other will stay here for the same use), we went back to Port Solent, hubby was so pleased with his new jeans he got another pair, we had lunch out. Back home we sat with a friend having coffee in the sunshine, our fence panels are still broken, our neighbour only wants us to replace one panel at our cost, she is insisting the other panels can be propped up on her side, so we have chosen to do nothing, we are at stale mate, not sure what we will do, I would have liked to do the last 3 panels. 

Wednesday I went with daughter, George and Molly to a coffee morning with Portsmouth Downs Syndrome charity, they had the ladies from singing hands there, it was a fun filled morning. The rest of the day was spent in the garden, I did pop to village and get a couple tomato plants and some small bedding plug plants, I hope to pot them on today, nothing else planned. Did I say I'm loving this wonderful weather. 

11 comments:

  1. I can't get over how awkward your neighbour is and I don't blame you for deciding to do nothing, hopefully she will see the error of her ways. Your garden looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly she is never going to change, it's always about her demands and then for us to pay, so doing nothing is our demonstration of our wishes.

      Delete
  2. They say that things come in threes so that's your cough, your finger and your back. Hope everything heals soon and that's an end to it now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry about your back, Marlene. And I do sympathise about the neighbour - years ago up in the Midlands we had a horrendous next door neighbour, no end of trouble, the police were always there, it was horrible. Neighbour trouble can really affect you, if you let it, makes you feel you don't want to live there anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Commiserations on the bad back...they can be an absolute pain literally. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I read all your blog, but I am afraid my mind got stuck on your hyacinths! I can just imagine that scent every time you pass through your back door. Heavenly :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh no, I hope your back gets better quickly, I pulled mine a while ago and was in agony, doc gave me some exercises to do which I still do every other day and it's much better now.
    It's lovely to see the garden coming to life again. Take care

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your Magnolia is beautiful and your garden looks lovely. Shame about the horrible neighbour. We are so glad we left ours behind with this move to the bungalow. I, for one, feel much less stressed than I did. So sorry to hear about your back, Marlene, that's exactly what happens to mine every few months. I dread it and have to be so careful not to overstretch, bend or twist. It can be agony. Get well soon x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I do hope your back gets better soon.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your garden looks lovely. I hope your back gets better very soon.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to hear that your neighbour is still being so difficult about the fencing.
    Best wishes for a speedy back recovery.
    You have a beautiful Magnolia tree.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails