Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Friday 25 February 2022

Changes

 Is that Molly or me, I have a baby photo and when we compare it to Molly, we look so alike, it was the same with George, but he has changed so much as he has got older. She is now sitting up all by herself.

We had a full house on Thursday, toys everywhere, loads of fun, lunch was enjoyed, both boys ate well, Molly had her own food, just a few spoons, we did have loads leftover. Mummy took them home 4ish, after a tidy around, we both sat in the quiet, followed by an early night. It was a fantastic day, everyone was happy, lots of laughter together, sadly too wet to play outside. 
Book 17 read this year, I was passed this book, I've had it for a while, I've never read any of her books before, I did enjoy this book, but would not choose another of hers. No one passed books on this week, so I popped to our library and picked up 3, 2 are by authors who I love and have to be returned within 2 weeks, on their fastback scheme, no problems for me, I read fast. 
My lovely old cat Grace is now showing her age, she is 18 in May, she spends all morning in her bed, and if I sit and read in afternoon, she is on my lap as well as all evening. She does go outside, never for long and she never leaves our garden, she has become very vocal and follows me around the house and garden. She is thinner but still eats well, I don't think she has any discomfort, at her last check-up the vet said she was in good health, it's just old age. Purdy is 12, she rarely leaves our garden, never goes out the front anymore, I have heard her go into a garden behind us, but again she is home a lot, in the day she loves to sleep on the edge of the rug, just where we walk. 

This week all Covid restrictions have been removed, I'm not sure if I'm totally happy about it, I would love freedom from restrictions, I am aware numbers of infections, hospital patients and deaths are much lower and our vaccinations are very high. I would have preferred self isolation and free testing to have stayed much longer, giving us that backup against any new variants. So freedom is ours, we will have to hope every one is decent and the virus stays under control. 

Thursday we popped back to Asda, we moved our big shop forward a couple of weeks to use the 10% discount on hubbies blue light card, the discount finished on Feb 28th, as another supermarket says, every little helps. We are both shocked on how much the prices are rising, not by pennies, hubby gets 3 pack small tins of beans, last year they went from 99p to £1.29 today £2, almost everything cost more. Some things we passed on, rice was expensive, so on the way home we stopped at Lidl and got the rest of our list, we never shop at more than one shop in the same week, we always have paid £1.69 for German meatballs at Lidl, today they were £1.99. Petrol at Asda was £1.48 per litre. It has been an expensive month for food, but we should not need a big shop in March. 

As for Russia, well Putin, after all the hell of Covid, I had hoped the world could love itself more, but as usual it's the mad leaders who drag their people into these situations, I can't imagine  the struggle of those living in the area. 


14 comments:

  1. It sounds like you had a lovely day with the family, it's nice that they live close by so that you can see them so often. Grace is doing so well, eighteen is a good age. Archie is twelve in May and he's slowing down now, though he does still have very active times when you'd swear he was still a puppy, but yes, he too sleeps quite a bit these days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww I think Molly is the spitting image of her momma :-)
    Our Millie is like your Grace, she sleeps all day and rarely goes out at all now, she too is eating well but is so thin. Strangely she has started to be more vocal, neither of my cats meow really but Millie has started to let us know when she is hungry. I will still wear a mask if in a shop, I suppose we have to let natural immunity take over at some point, the majority of vaccines have stopped giving protection anyway, the weather should be getting better soon it's probably makes more sence to do that now than towards the Winter, there will be variants for years to come so we have to live with it. Your book looks familiar, I'm sure I've read it but can't recall the story. Hope you have a good weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The book was about the woman who stayed in bed, her family and the media, who brought 'people' to gather outside her house.

      Delete
    2. I read this book a couple of years ago and quite enjoyed it.

      Delete
  3. Food prices seem to have risen loads every time we go shopping. As does fuel for the car. Yes Molly does look like you very much in those pics.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Food, fuel, housing, interest rates, council tax...it's all up up up. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mollie is do beautiful bless her. It sounds like you had a lovely time. Everything is rising and do quickly too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that I went to see your photos again and yes the resemblance is strong. Glorious photos of a busy play session and it sounds like a great day! I agree with you re the Russian war. I hesitated but with the news on TV saying the price of wheat is to soar I did pop an extra bag of pl and sr flour in my basket even though I have some in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do love a messy house when they are playing, making beautiful memories of grand parents. Sadly I never knew my grandparents.

      Delete
  7. Yes food prices, indeed all prices are going up and we haven't had our council tax bill in yet!!!

    It looks and sounds like you had a lovely day with the family, fun times, so special.

    Enjoy your weekend.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too love to see all the toys out.
    Apparently when I was small and was told to put away toys I would say "but I might want to play with them later".

    Although it's good to tidy back to normal after they've gone home!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Our petrol and food prices are also rising rapidly - incomes are staying static, so more people than ever are struggling with their everyday lives. Covid restrictions are being gradually eased here, even though the virus has finally arrived and is traveling around the country at lightning speed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is scary how quickly things are changing everywhere, I feel for families and those on low income.

      Delete
  10. Prices are going up ridiculously quickly. It shocks me no end when I go shopping.

    Molly is such a cutie.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails