Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Saturday 12 February 2022

Good things

Chinese Money plant, I have seen these often in Wilko's and walked past them, this week they were reduced to half price £3.50, I chose this plant as it has a baby and maybe a second growing, the main stem looks healthy as well. I also got a Chocolate Cosmos tuber, I love these plants in a pot outside, but I struggle to keep them over winter, even in the greenhouse. 
My car was due it's MOT, we always take it to the same garage, we used them for over 20 years, the same man is still in charge, we had to have new back brake pads, other than that it sailed through the MOT. We were chatting about if we should update the car, it's 8 years old, I was pleased to see he agreed with me on electric cars, and the way the battery is part of the main floor of the car, which if any problems, would be a huge expense. We have decided to keep the car for a couple more years, see where the technology is going. 

Book 12 this year, good story line, I think it must be part of a set as they referred back to things which has already happened to the main characters, I'm not sure I would want to read another book by this author, a bit to simple with all threads tied in, I don't always want the ending to be so sorted, real life is not that neat. 

I did not need another houseplant, but the challenge of returning the plant back to the beauty it once was, and to grow on 1 or 2 of the babies was there. My desk area is cluttered with plants, I still have space to move, but my side is much greener than hubbies side, as yet hubby has not said anything regarding my new houseplant, he is not a lover of plants inside. 

Thursday we walked around town whilst the car was in the garage, most of the shops I like have now closed in the town, M&S, Robert Dyas, Debenhams. We did wonder around TK Max, B&M and Wilko's and had lunch in a nice cafe, we walked in about 5 minutes after our friends had arrived, so we shared a table, it was good to chat on about any and every thing, a nice surprise meeting. 

We have been purchasing our cat food in tins for over a year, much better for the environment than pouches, tin can be recycled quickly, but we have been struggling to find the brand and type Grace will eat, she is really fussy and will only eat Felix, fishy flavours in jelly. Hubby had a look online, and was struggling, he called a local Pets at Home store, which had the tins in stock, it's not a store we visit often. Friday we drove to the shop and got 2 trays of tins, which will last for ages, the things we do for our pets,  it was next to a Homebase  and Farmfoods store, so we had a look around both stores, I've not been to Homebase for a few years and never in Farmfoods. 

I have been painting my nails brilliant red, they are a nice length, my friend commented on how nice they look, her next comment was 'have you stopped doing house work' I replied yep! but don't tell hubby. It's been a more positive week for me, loads of good things, car has MOT, tax and insurance, at good prices. The sun has shone every day this week, I've been out every day, walking around the garden, the park, I should have no reason to feel blue, but that does not stop it from happening. 

10 comments:

  1. Glad your car got through its MOT, it can be an expensive time but at least your mind's at rest for another year now. Oh yes, cats and their fussiness, haha. Our cat would only eat food in gravy, he didn't like the jelly varieties.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of nice things happening for you, Marlene, I hope you feel less blue very soon. You're right, there doesn't have to be an obvious reason for us being down, sometimes it's just there, which some people find hard to understand if they just think in terms of black or white. Anyway, Spring will soon be here with warmer weather and lovely flowers, that's a spirit lifter isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Our cats will only eat Felix too!Here (Australia) it only comes in pouches and they're made in France for some reason.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good news that your car made it through the MOT.

    About the feeling blue ... have you ever tried using one of the SAD lamps. My niece has the same problem from December through to March and the use of the lamp every day made a huge difference to her mood.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good news your car passed it's MOT. I agree with you about electric cars and we've made the same decision to hang on to our current car, it's only six years old, has low mileage and has given us no problems so no need to trade it in.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I understand getting down in the winter. I try to get out in the sun when in shines and walk around our property. My car is
    18 years old and I do not to even think how I will afford another if it goes. We have been looking around and the prices for even a used care is way too much for my budget. The sad thing is the bus system here is awful and so that will not do either. Our store is across town but that is 2 miles away. We do have a truck but it is not running well either. Oh well we will see. The Lord will provide I am quite sure.
    Love you post. Stay smiling.
    Carla

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a Chinese Money plant which also seems to have given birth to a couple of tiny babies. They seem a bit too small to uproot just yet though. I'm hoping they will survive being transplanted eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good news about your car passing its MOT :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was suprised to see you say cosmos "tuber" as here I've only ever seen them grown from seeds. I wonder if it is a different type of plant? Or if the cosmos I grow here would eventually form a tuber? Interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't get much success from growing them from seed, I've purchased them in tuber/ root form for years, much cheaper than waiting and getting them as plants.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails