Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Monday 28 February 2022

February roundup

 

Another low spending month, I had most of the crafting things I required, just got a few things. A couple things for garden and a reduced houseplant and an Orchid.  I still have the parcel from Hobbycraft, they were so quick to resend the lost parcel, but I have emailed them twice and still they have not arranged collection. 

I purchased more bra's this month a pack of 3 from Asda, they fit well and are very comfortable, I also got 2 novels, I  saw a book I could not resist, I am now back using our local library. 

We did spend more at Asda living store, but everything was on our list and the extra 10% discount helped. Reusing Valentine day cards saved money, we had a few to choose from, which I had saved in my memory box, I did think hubby would say no, but he's liking the wasteful saving. We also did another grocery shop, a couple of weeks early, but with rising prices the extra 10% discount was a big incentive. 

With all the prices going up and the war in Ukraine, our local petrol station saw panic buying again, loads on Facebook which made things worse and our village garage is now again sold out.


Waste is still on the agenda, here we only cook what we can eat, we are careful about the fresh fruit and veg we get, with prices rising, no one wants to pay for anything they can't eat, we are aware of everything coming into our house. The chart above shows most European countries and how much more each uses than our dear earth can produce, at some point we have to wake up to the fact our earth can't keep supplying the amounts we are using. 

I had to send my fitbit back for a replacement, it was not syncing with my phone, the new one is working fine, I do like the extra information from this design, my steps are not where I hoped they would be each day, February has been a difficult month, but I'm not giving up, it's better to be late with my targets. One positive note, I normally pop on a couple of pounds in Jan and Feb, this year I still weigh the same as I did on Jan 1st.

6 comments:

  1. I've just ordered a wrist step counter, in the hope it will encourage me to be more active. The queue for fuel at Sainsburys in the town late last week was huge, fuel prices are going up on almost a daily basis. Well done on your weight staying the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find it hard to resist books too. I'm much better than I used to be though, I like to look through charity shops and I do use the library too. I manage to pick up some on the Kindle daily deals too, they're such good value.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The increases in food and fuel prices are such a worry for those on fixed incomes and the rising energy costs are especially worrying for us pensioners, I'm dreading the April price cap increase in my direct debit payment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I use Borrow Box app from the local library and love it. I wouldn't be either my Garmin watch. Well done on your weight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stocking up on a discount was a 'no brainer' as they say and well worth doing. Morrisons (where I buy my petrol) have been running a promotion; spend £40 to get a voucher for 7p per litre off fuel. Consequently the forecourt was absolutely rammed at the weekend with people buying up as much fuel as they could get in their tanks. What a crap time to run a promotion like that. I bet they regretted it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I stopped buying books a while ago and use the library as I always have, but I do use free kindle books. I am struggling with the garden here in our new home, but we are gradually planting and making flower beds in the expense of weedy grass.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails