Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Tuesday 15 February 2022

Wake up

Like everyone, I have games on my phone, I've never owned a games consol, and never been a gamer, but I am enjoying brain teasers, for years I did Sudko, but I've never found an online one I liked. 
 I have played Free Flow for years, I love it, but I do find it simple to play, the more games you play, the more you understand how the flows run. 
I get games daily and a weekly 30 games of different grids, I love them all. As with everything, it's knowing where to start. 
Flow Fit is a number puzzle, a cross between Tetris and Sudko, each shape has numbers in, you just have to fit them all into the grid, there are many different shapes of grid. 
I found Nerdle by luck, I after I started playing Wordle, I love numbers more than words, this game for me is easier. 

I often struggle with this Wordle game, but that's good, makes me think harder, the American spelling sometimes catches me out. But I have managed to complete it most days. I also play Worgle, it's almost the same, just has 6 letters in the word, not 5.
We are active much more than our parents, I often think of my mum at the age I am now, she was very different, much 'older'. A different generation, I do feel it's up to us to be the best we can, even on days you don't feel like participating in anything. Doing brain teasers each day helps, gets the grey cells going, wakes me up, they can take time every morning, but being retired I do have plenty of time. I also check my fitbit each morning, how well I slept, it helps plan my day, I do try and increase my steps, still heading for 10k each day. 

I still am not used to not working, I gave up over 3 years ago, but having had to work each day, just to have a comfortable life, I can feel guilty now being at home doing nothing. I do often think about volunteering, not in a charity shop, shop work has never been a choice I wanted. I tried to help in our local library, which had them suggesting things I rather not do and them wanting more hours than I planned. In the past I have taken on unpaid roles, doing things which were fun, but in almost every case, I did far more hours than I signed up for. 

I think this time of year gives me too much spare time, normally I'm planning the garden, but honestly there is nothing to plan, everywhere is sorted, just summer bedding plants to get once it's warmer. Inside we are getting bits and pieces to update our bedroom, when we moved in 12 years ago, we renewed so much throughout the house, good quality which has lasted well. Nothing else inside needs doing. 

I am reading loads doing a bit of craft, I have a few household sewing jobs to do, mainly I am waiting for summer. 

11 comments:

  1. I don't really play games, I've jumped on the Wordle and Nerdle bandwagon and I sometimes play Scrabble online when I'm at a loose end, but that's about it. With your love of gardening, do you have any NT gardens or such like nearby which you could volunteer at, they have volunteers helping out all year round.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd say don't feel guilty about not working but it does take some getting used to I will admit. I retired early at age 58 and I knew it was the right thing to do at the time but if I'd hung on a couple more years I would hive been made redundant with a good payout but such is life. I play a daily solitaire game and Wordle and I love Sudoku but on paper form. You enjoy your crafting and garden and are blessed to have your family nearby and your lovely grandchildren, enjoy your time with them and put work in the past where it belongs is my advice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Playing a waiting game is frustrating, isn't it Marlene, especially when nothing needs doing right now. Once we have better weather, it'll perk us all up no end.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It certainly does pay to keep your brain active and I play a few online games at some point each day. Word games are my favourite but, and I confess, I do play candy crush sometimes too :) I enjoy crosswords (but not cryptic clues, I can never get them) Roll on spring so that we can get into the garden. It's horribly dark and wet here today....

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a coincidence that my son has just told me about 'wordle'.
    I have 'World of Solitaire' on my desktop and play cards lots. I love 'Royal Parade'.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not really into games, although occasionally the grandchildren ask me to play with them on one of their consoles, which I do but not well!

    Wordle seems to be very popular at the moment, but I still haven't tried it.

    Enjoy your week.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. My game playing on my phone is Scrabble, Words with Friends, and Mahjong.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I will have been retired 6 years in September and its gone so quickly. We play Flow Fit as a family game. We make sure we are all on the same level and someone shouts start and its points for the first to finish it. Great fun and good for the brain. I think we act so much younger these days, out whole outlook is keep fit for longer now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Time you enjoy wasting is not a waste of time! Just enjoy your retirement. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. These look fun, I used to collect old Atari games. The more simple the better :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails