Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Wednesday 9 February 2022

Boring time of the year.

 Another book finished, 11th read this year. I thought my last book was great, but this one topped as the best read for a long time. All the clues were there, a straight forward double story line, until the author decided to create a curve ball near the end, did not see it coming, I'm not going to give anything away, just add this title to your reading list, I have already added her to my favourite author list.

The pink socks are finished and gifted to the lady in our haberdashery shop. I don't have many knitting plans, Sewing machine is back coming back out. 

This weekend coming there is a special antiques roadshow coming from our castle here in our village, it was recorded last year, we like loads of locals will be watching. 


We have not done much, Sunday was wet all day and I did not leave the house, a true lazy day.

Monday was another stay at home, we did walk to the village for a small shop, Molly was with us in the morning. We were both very tired, a local cat is coming into our garden and howling most nights, waking us both us often through the night, we don't understand why. Also at 4am, Grace our cat came into our bedroom and woke us up, she bolted but I found her in our sitting room, she seamed fine, again not sure why she came upstairs, normally our cats don't come upstairs. 

Tuesday was sign class and a birthday lunch, so I stayed later, only a few people attended, we had fun as well as a practice run with 'Bring me sunshine' Hubby was out in evening, so a quiet musical evening alone.

Today we have Molly, later I want to cutout more animals, no rush, but I want to start them, I have a few knitting patterns as well, so plenty to do. Oh and another great book to read. 

5 comments:

  1. It is a slow time of year but it gives us time to recharge our batteries until the weather improves and we're spending time outdoors again. Saying that, we've been busy helping Daniel and Jasmine move back to Leeds and continuing with Eleanor and Jacobs wedding planning, so it's been quite eventful here just lately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember you writing about the filming of the Antiques Roadshow from the castle in your village, I'll be sure to watch it. There must be something spooking the cats, a nuisance for you being woken like that. The socks are nice, I'm sure the recipient was thrilled with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure I have that book on my Audible list, I'll have to check. Hubby loves The Antique Road Show, I used to watch it until it became more like show and tell, but exciting that it was in your town

    ReplyDelete
  4. You knit nice socks. I'm looking forward to your sewing work :-)) I also have the sewing machine going more than the knitting needles at the moment.
    Greetings to you Viola
    p.s. this winter is not pleasant, far too wet and far too grey... so let's get to the sewing machine :-) - to a book or a good film.
    I wish you a lot of happiness.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the pink socks so pretty.

    I have added the book to my list to look for. Boy is that list getting long.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails