Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Friday 18 February 2022

There they blow

 Book 14 read this year, new to me author and another brilliant plot, I had no clue until the plot revealed itself at the end. Very clever storyline, she has written 2 other books, which I've added to my list to read. 

Book 15, I have read Ruth Jones before, this was a brilliant read, she does understand the interaction between people, the ups and downs, another book I could not put down. I'm already reading my next book. 
I'm not sure when I last purchased an Orchid, but I don't have any in bloom at home, this beauty cost just £10 from a garden centre, it has loads of buds, so should bloom for weeks. I love to see an Orchid on this log burner, with my other white pots. 
I have said before most bulbs rot in our clay soil, but it does not stop me purchasing them, I love these bulbs, they are small and look lovely in the side garden, They are like mini Nerines, can't wait until warmer weather so I can get them in the ground, they are summer blooms. 

Tuesday our sign group met at a nearby garden centre, Dobbies, I have been there before, coffee was brilliant, we sat and chatted for a couple of hours, ladies pushed 2 tables together, and our husbands sat on another table, there was a 4th husband as Linda has hurt her knee and can't drive. It was far too wet to look outside, half the outside area was shut off as the staff were changing things around. 

We had Molly Monday and Wednesday morning, mummy was at the gym, she is determined to remove all the baby fat and get fit, with 3 children (5, 2 and 8 months), she is already fit running after them and keeping her house tidy. The rest of the time we have stayed local, popping to the village a couple of times, but it's been reading time,  storm Dudley threw himself everywhere, we are lucky this time as the south coast only caught the tail end of him. Storm Eunice is hot on his tail and she will bring damage here where we live. Both my family in Somerset and hubby's in Wales are all sitting out the storm, they all have the red weather warning,🤞everyone comes through OK. 

Thursday we had mummy, Will, George and Molly for tea, hubby made fish pie, which was lovely and loved by all. Will had his hair cut in our village barber, we had George and Molly at home, loads of play time. 

Today is Will's 5th birthday, he has an inset day (no school for children) and next week is half term, later we are going to his house to celebrate, mummy was planning to take him out, but the storm has changed plans. Now a red warning is along the south coast and into London, we will have to see if it is safe to go. 

3 comments:

  1. I've only read one book by Ruth Jones but I enjoyed it, I shall look out for Us Three. My orchid has been in flower for ages, they seem to bloom for ages and require little care.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Taking note of these two books. My last book was disappointing so I went off reading for a few days. Daft really! It shouldn't affect me when I dont enjoy a book but it does! Beautiful orchids ...I do so love them. I am wondering about my family in Devon and Somerset as news of the storm was on the BBC World news last night. Scary! Keep well. Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the heads up on the book, I always like recommendations. Have written them down.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails