Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Tuesday 31 August 2021

August roundup

No craft spending this month, I am using what I already own, my stash is not big, other than fabrics, I hope to use more yarn in the coming months. One trip out, to get some plants and of course bargains found, it's always easy to spend for the garden. I did spend £14.99 extra, but one garden light did not work , I returned it and got a refund as they had sold out. I did buy a couple of cardigans and a pair of sandals, all replacing scruffy items, I'm still very happy with my clothes spending. 

We have decided to enter in our local Rowans lottery, I don't feel able to do another fundraising annual moonlight walk, it's a 6 mile walk through Portsmouth and the old dockyard late at night and probably too much for me, so our solution is to donate £10 each month, we already give to Macmillan nurses each month, we can never thank them enough for being there when we needed the support. We have never had the need to use our local hospice, but feel very strongly it should thrive for our community 

We have done nothing in the house, we have a few things which will need replacing but most of which will last into next year, the garden is now completed other than some winter colour, everywhere is looking good.

Our waste again is nothing, all garden waste goes into composer, we are not using the council bag, we still have the option until the end of this year. I will get a black plastic lidded dustbin to make leaf mulch, using all the leaves from the Magnolia, which should break down over the winter months. Both the waste and recycling bins are never full, shows just how much we have changed.

As for weight loss, 1 word, chocolate, nothing more to say, I'm weak, no control, I've not put any weight on, not lost any either. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Poppy, thanks for stopping by my blog! You are smart to keep a budget. After seeing your lovely flowers in your last post I think the money spent on your garden is well worth it! I will admit, I have a great weakness for chocolate too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do like the way you keep track of what you spend on your hobbies. I think I just might have to do the same. I am afraid I added to my stashes.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails