Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Saturday 14 August 2021

Never say never!

I loved every word in this book, I have had it a while and was saving it, knowing it would be a great read. The author always creates a great story, and if like this one, where it's different generations of the same family, she is a master of stitching it all together. The ending was predictable, but who cares when the words string you along, keeping you interested until the last word. Book 33 read this year. 
George is now loving his baby sister, we do have to watch him as he can grab at her, but he is no longer scared of her, and does not cry if she cries. He is such a loving little boy, he loves to sit on laps and have cuddles, they spent a day playing at our house. 

Our back planted garden, this area is heavy clay and not alot grows in here, I have accepted it's limitations, The shrub growing up the fence on the right hand side is dying back, most of it from the left hand side is already dead. 
Hubby has told me the fence and the post are rotting, the previous owners had made this fence, he wants to rip it out as the shrub is dying, so we are looking at what we can do with the area. So much for no plans in the garden, I do love the rustic look of the fence, but hubby says it's unsafe. I've cut back the variegated shrub, it's fast growing and will return, I don't think I will let it get as big. 
It's been a quiet week, we did have George and Molly on Thursday, Will was at preschool, daughter was feeling unwell, so we sent her home for a day of rest, I was so glad hubby was here, having 2 under 2 years was busy, George is crawling, we have just gated the stairs, and we keep all other doors shut, George does love to crawl around the place. 

Our eldest grandson Josh had his GCSE results, and they were good, he is going on to college next month, so pleased to see him being so successful. 

Friday was a nothing day, we did have a delivery from Tesco, being really lazy and did an online order, just items we can't get at Lidl and locally, loads of things were missing, nothing we can't live without. We did get outside in the garden, hubby has taken away half of the fence, I want to see if I like it better that way. 

We now have big plans for the area, the whole fence and posts need to come out, I suggested we swing the raised bed around so it takes away the need for a fence, in the far right hand side, hubby liked that idea, we have dug the raised bed out before it's hard work but worth it, so that's a big step, we did consider making the raised bed smaller, but the frame is good, so we will keep it as it is.

Tomorrow we will rip the rest of the shrub and fence out, we sat with a coffee, looking at the opened area, and agreed we both love it, the garden looks bigger, and we can see all my nasties in the greenhouse. The only post we will replace to the one with the bird house and feeders on, and the post leaning on it, the cats use it as a scratching post.

I have a yellow rose I can plant and a couple smaller shrubs in the main bed, the raised be will stay until next spring, I do have just a few plants for the front. So it's more hard work and little cost. 

5 comments:

  1. Lovely to hear about your grandchildren - Well done to Josh and good that George is getting used to his little sister

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read this Jojo Moyes book at the start of the year, I'd been working my way through her earlier books but I think I've read them all now. Awww, lovely to see George with his baby sister.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so pleased with the book recommendations blog-friends are giving on their posts. The three books I tried out were really good reads. I really don't know why I didn't pay attention to the book recommendations beforehand. Right there in front of me and I just skipped past them..tch! Sheltering rain looks good so I am going to check it out and see if it also has an e-book. Gorgeous photo of George and Molly. Great to hear your eldest grandson is doing well with his studies. My GD has finished her training and will start her apprenticeship as from mid September. Time so flies by! keep well Amanda :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that author so will look up the book, thank you. Good luck with all the garden adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good for your grandson Josh. Going to college is a wonderful part of life.

    George looks like he is enjoying his little baby sister. Soon he will be cuddling her on his lap.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails