Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Monday 16 August 2021

Getting on with things.

Looking very different with the shrub and fence gone, the wooden fence just fell apart in our hands, the plant had been holding it up. The shrub was rotten at the roots, it just pulled out of the ground, I have a couple smaller cuttings which are growing, so I can replace this hedge in a another part of the garden.  The composter is moved for now, it will go back here once we move the raised bed. The big stone is being moved, hubby wants it for the front garden. 
This path looks huge, I aim to dig the plants from the 2 long pots into the ground and let them spread. The raised bed will swing around. The big grass in the pot will stay, I can move it around and use it for filling gaps. The corner space in front of the greenhouse will be for my composter. 
I have no idea why this section is shaped like this, the front bit in this corner has always been difficult to use. Once we move the raised bed, it should fill the space and make a lovely feature. I can picture it in my mind how I would like it, the passion flower from the raised bed is going, its gets too big and is loads of work for few rewards. I am hoping the sweet peas will return. 
Will had a sleepover on Saturday night, here he's enjoying his drinking chocolate before bed, it's a treat he loves. We made pizza for tea, he loves adding his own toppings. He helped to harvest blueberries, blackberries and tomatoes, most of the fruits did not all make it to the kitchen. 
Hubby took all the wood to the tip, we booked a slot on Sunday, so no rubbish in the garden. We have not dug the raised bed yet, we plan to do it this week, no hurry, it should take a couple of days to empty, then we can place it, it's much quicker to refill. 

Sunday we had Will until early afternoon, so we played with toys, walked to the shop for teacakes, after the dull start, the sun shone through, it was still breezy. We had burgers for lunch on Will's request, eating outside, Will decided it was our BBQ, he was really happy the whole time with us, he is now more than ready for starting school in a few weeks. I picked more blackberries from the garden, my bush is full and as its a thornless one, they are easy to pick. The blueberries have been a poor crop, I think the birds ate so many of the emerging fruits before we moved them. The bush with the pink berries are later to ripen, but there are loads. 

We had a lazy rest of the day, just the 2 of us, I was hoping to finish my scarf, but was too tired to knit or even read a book, watched some TV instead. Lovely early shower and night, feeling much better today. 


2 comments:

  1. We've had a good harvest of blueberries this year, we're still picking them, but the birds have managed to take plenty too. I bet Will is excited about starting school, I hope they manage to stay open when they return in September, it's been so hard for children, I think they need the routine that school offers them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww that is a lovely smile from Will.
    It's hard to believe that the schools will be starting again soon, summer seems to have gone by so quickly.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails