Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Thursday 19 August 2021

Shopping.

Hubby removed some box plants from the front garden, he replaced it with 3 small yew plants, which was growing in a pot. So with an empty pot, he decided to get more Heather's. I got a marjoram herb for an empty pot in my herb bed. The Venus flytrap replaced one which was strangled by another carnivorous plant in the greenhouse. 
This fence was not on my shopping list, we looked to see what was available, I had an idea it would be nice to have a low barrier at the back of the garden, this is perfect. The top is the same shape as our railings, not as solid, but it's only for show, it's in the shed until required, it was a great price. 
I have had these type of lamps for a couple of years, they are brilliant, they look like miners lamp and with hubby's heritage they are good to see in the garden. The 2 new ones were £5 off each, so £29.98  for them a saving of £10. The 2 we already have still work, but I will use them in the greenhouse, the new ones will stay in my shed until next spring. The string lights are for my sink with the grasses in, I have a metal teahouse, which should have a tealight in, but these should look better and light up every evening. 
One trip to the garden centre adds to my garden spend, but everything purchased will keep the garden looking good. I have not added hubby's plants to my list, which has always been about my spending. Next month I will require winter pansies for winter colour. I am determined not to buy shrubs for the bed, I have a couple in pots I can use. I often buy shrubs as tiny plants and grow them in pots until they are a good size, much cheaper and helpful when a bigger project is being done. 

We have not done anything to the raised bed, I have been sorting the main bed, I want that looking nice before I move the raised bed. There is no huge rush to complete everything, we have plenty of dry days coming.

I have a few ideas for my next knitting project, and I want to get my sewing machine out, I have a task my daughter has asked me to do. So crafting is back on my agenda, plus I have chosen my next read. My shawl pattern is called Leftie and can be purchased here, it is a simple design. 

Thank you for you comments on my last post, I can wait for medical appointments for myself, it's a pain but I understand life is not the same as pre-covid, but to see my daughter struggle to get a sick toddler looked at was so frustrating.  

4 comments:

  1. Now that's the sort of shopping I like, hobby shopping. Anything but clothes shopping, haha. Looking forward to hearing more about your crafting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like heathers but can never seem to keep them alive. I haven't been to a garden centre in a while now, I was planning on going to one this week but haven't found the time

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh, those lanterns are so very nice. They will be awesome in your garden.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love seeing lights in the garden, it makes night so much more romantic :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails