Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Friday 27 August 2021

This week.

 It's been a busy week, we had Molly and George on Tuesday, mummy took Will for his last swimming session, he is a good swimmer now and just as important he is happy to play in the water. George loves this bike, he scoots around the whole ground floor, and now loves Molly. Tuesday was also our oldest grandson Josh's 16th birthday, he has grown into a lovely young man.

Wednesday was another babysitting morning, this time at daughters house, with Will and George, mummy took Molly for a hospital check-up, all was well, boys do play really well, Will is a loving big brother. afternoon was spent at home with hubby, coffee in the sunny garden. 

I have finished another great book, Rachel Joyce does write a good story, I loved both Harold Fry and Queenie Hennessy stories, so to read about Margery Benson was pure joy. 36th book read this year. Hubby has ordered me anther book by this author. 

Thursday we had nothing planned until mummy asked for help, looking after Molly and George, Will was at his last pre-school day, this time she was able to get her nails done, a pure treat for her, both slept, so a restful time for me.  Later we had a BBQ, just the 2 of us, we did think of inviting family and friends but decided to enjoy good food and our garden together, it worked, it was sunny, warm and very relaxing. 

Friday was really a day of nothing to do, we saw no one, we stayed at home, pottered, picked soft fruits and relaxed. I did need a slow day after so many nanna days, I normally see them once or twice a week, but loads of appointments all came together. We did get great news from George's physical therapy visit, as we already know, he is doing well, his lower body had got much stronger,  he is starting to take steps. Sadly Wills trip to Great Ormond Street was postponed, he has a cough, so it's best to leave it, hard on mummy and daddy because they has sorted their head around it all, its not easy preparing for an operation on a 4 year old, it does mean I have a clear start to the week coming. 

We have no plans for the Bank Holiday weekend, we never do, locally is so many holiday destinations, and with good weather, everywhere is going to be busy. I have books to read, knitting to do, I have started the 2nd project, I am also thinking of doing another cross stitch, but no idea what I want to make, I do prefer making huge designs, I have a few unstitched designs in my collection, I will find time to look, I have all the canvass and threads I need. 

5 comments:

  1. It sounds like a busy week but I'm sure you're daughter is pleased that you're able to help her out when appointments come up. We rely on our mums a lot, I know I did when my two were little. We haven't got anything planned for the bank holiday either, not sure whether we'll do anything or not yet, I suppose it will depend on the weather.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a busy week but so good that you are close enough to help out.Enjoy them because they grow up so quickly.Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking after the little ones is tiring isn't it, I do like some time on my own after I've done my nanna duties :-)
    We don't go out on BH either, It's my turn to go to mums dinner time and tea time on Monday so wouldn't have time to go anywhere anyway. Sorry Will's appointment was postponed, you so prepare yourself for these things so it must be hard on them. Enjoy the BH weekend

    ReplyDelete
  4. Make it a great weekend ! :) ....with some time for YOU to put your feet up ! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. You had a wonderful and busy week. The grandchildren must love coming to visit.

    Enjoy your weekend.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails