Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Wednesday 11 August 2021

New project.

I have loads of colours in my stash, lots of odd balls, I have used this yarn on many projects, it's soft and I find it does not itch my skin, I have an allergy to Lanolin, which is found in most sheep fleece and therefore yarn.  So rather than sit looking at my phone, I thought I would knit. 
I have made this scarf 4 times before, it's a very simple design, and knits up quickly, I'm not sure if I will keep this for myself or use it as a Christmas gift. I was not wanting to knit another warm jumper, I made 2 last year, along with a warm cardigan. There is no point knitting for hubby, he does not feel the cold and would not wear anything so warm. 
I am sewing in the ends as I am knitting, it's a task I don't like , so it's best not to leave them all to the end of the project. 
I was given a pile of books and this was one of them, I loved A Touch of Frost on the TV, David Janson played a wonderful character, but in this book Frost is much more gritter, and I don't think I liked him as much. He swore and was very condescending to all around him,  a proper worn down copper, I won't look for another book. This being my 32nd read this year.  
Sunday night I managed to get another too good to go bag from our local M&S store, so for £4 we got, breakfast for both of us, lunch for both of us, and a main meal for me, some of the lunch we used for a second day, and a couple packs of wraps, which we love, daughter had one of the packs of wraps. Again we are really pleased with the contents. 
The rain has stopped for a few days, I am so glad we are not in a flood area, all the water soaks into the ground and is gone quickly. The breeze has done a bit of damage, nothing to bad, loads of leaves everywhere. There has been so much heavy rain this summer, normally I am worried about water levels at this time of year, all my water butts are full and the garden won't need a water for a week, my pots will need doing in a few days.

The weekend was quiet, we stayed at home and did nothing, far to wet to be outside, Friday we did stop for coffee and cake in the village, just to get out of the house and see different faces. I did manage to clean through the house, everywhere was really dusty, hubby did all the laundry. 

Monday was another stay at home, it was dry all day, the sun came out later, but again it was very breezy, a good day to read, I did pop to Lidl for a top up shop. Tuesday was blue skies when we got up, nice to see the sun again, daughter came with Will, George and Molly, we had a lazy day at home, it was nice to be able to play in the garden, our fake grass is perfect in this weather, layered with hardcore, grit and then sand all the water drains, never any wet spots. I did not meet with the sign ladies, preferring nanna duties. 

Today is another day at home, I have things to do in the garden and greenhouse, nothing heavy, just enough to keep me busy, 2 nice mornings in a row, I am blessed.

9 comments:

  1. I thought you'd be knitting for your grandchildren, especially now you can add some pink to the mix, haha. We've had a little rain here but nothing to write home about, we seem to be missing it all even when it's forecast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Will rarely wears warm jumpers, he does not feel the cold, George is simular, he does not like too many bulky clothes. Molly has loads of clothes.

      Delete
  2. Your scarf is very pretty and is a great way to use up those odd balls of yarn.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely scarf. Stitching in the ends is such a nightmare, puts me off colour work. A friend of mine knitted a beautiful complicated fairisle and left all the ends dangling on the inside, she said it made the jumper extra warm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly that would drive me crazy, as much as I don't like sorting all the ends, I could not wear anything if it was not finished completely.

      Delete
  4. Somehow I fear my house will be taking a lot longer than a day to clean and tidy! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Once the builders have gone, you will be back to normal.

      Delete
  5. Your scarf is so beautiful. I have an allergy to lanolin on my lips, it is in a lot of lipstick and makes my lips very chapped. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do like your scarf.

    Enjoy your weekend.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails