Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Friday 21 April 2023

Books and surprises

Back in 2018 I made my sister loads of bags, she was starting her own craft business, I made this bag in 3 colours,  she stopped after a short while and had loads of items left, recently she sent this bag back to me, it makes a great knitting bag as the interior is big, there are no pockets, but I won't need any.
Just so pretty and very sturdy.
I have finished the neck of my cardi, here you can see both shoulder seams looking very neat and without any unwanted bulk. I have started to knit my second sleeve, it will be easy to match as I noted all the details of increase and decrease rows. I am hoping to have this finished soon. 
I have started the bottom corner on my huge cross stitch project, it was always planned to have this design here, the area is not the easiest to stitch, so a simple design works well. I am not sure how big this design will be, I do want to fill in the rest of the side and bottom, which will help me to decide, I do like stitching this simple design. 
Finally I have reading time, we were away for 4 nights, so I had plenty of time to read each evening in the hotel room, I have had this to hand for ages, another good plot, she uses her medical knowledge for the story line, I still have a couple more books by her. Book 6 read this year.
We popped out to Sainsbugs to get a few room treats and I saw this book at half price, I have been waiting for the paperback, but decided now was the time to get it. I loved every word, she is at her best, I read it so quickly, I was disappointed it finished, she does understand the female friendships so well.
 Book 7 read this year.
I put my Amaryllis bulb in the greenhouse to die back, and was pleased and surprised to see a third bud appear, its back in our sitting room. The bud is tiny, so I'm not sure if a bloom will form. 
After a brilliant night's sleep, nothing beats sleeping in your own bed, waking up at 7am with beautiful blue skies, we did loads of laundry, spending the day at home. I still ached from all the walking in previous days, it's so good to have a lazy day. 

I am itching to get out in the garden, but even on sunny days it's still too early, the nights are still cold, my bedding plants in the raised garden are looking healthy, but the plants in the greenhouse will stay for a couple of weeks. I keep checking my clematis little lemon, it is a hardy plant, I popped it into another pot, the roots look good, so I am hopeful. 

My alpine plants arrived and just needed a good drink, I have left them sitting in the sunshine, and will plant them in a few days. I did some sewing last night, and I want to get my second cardi finished, crafting is now more an evening activity along hopefully with reading, we still are not watching much TV, maybe just 1 programme each evening. 

6 comments:

  1. Every supermarket here has bedding plants on sale in abundance but as you say it is still quite cold at night to put them in too soon. Your crafts are coming along nicely. I like the simple design too it works well in the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As long as everything we made is used, everything is fine.
    Nice bag that you sewed and I like cable knitting, I wish you a lot of fun.
    Many greetings from Viola

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could do with making some project bags for my quilt projects, as I always have one or two on the go. LB might appreciate a couple too for her crochet. It would be a good way to use up some of my fabric stash. I do love Jojo Moyes. I've read quite a few of her books. I'll have to look out for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely project bag. Your sweater is coming along nicely, soon you will be finished.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That bag does look nice ...

    I haven't read any Jojo Moyes books yet, I must rectify that.

    Enjoy your weekend.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. Similarly to your last comment I too have not read any books by Jojo Moyes, I must get on and order one from the library.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails