Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Wednesday 19 April 2023

Newcastle

We arrived home after almost 7 hours drive from Newcastle to Hampshire, we were visiting family again, hubbies sister and brother live up there, and another sister and brother visited at the same time, to celebrate his younger sister's 70th birthday. 
We spent time on the coast at Whitley bay, a couple of beaches above and below the resort, it's a much nicer place to visit in April, than last November. 

Into Newcastle on the Metro, we stopped at Flore, in Central Arcade, a beautiful patisserie, which we found on our last visit, find more here
Found the castle
Walked along this iconic riverside. 
A treat we have brought home with us, we both love Stottie bread, with a couple for the freezer. 
 
5 days away gave us so much more time to get around, plus the weather was so much kinder, every day dry and warm, we did loads of visiting and catching up with family, had a lovely group meal out, and spent an evening with his younger sister. 

We stayed at the same hotel as before, and remembered where everything was, the locals were happy and chatty, and very helpful. Back home the cats were being looked after by our friend and neighbour, both having loads of cuddles from their children, the cats had tin tuna for tea and licked their bowls clean, so I think we are forgiven for leaving them. 

I have walked around my garden and everything is good, it's the same in the greenhouse, I ordered my alpine plants, and they were sent early (typical), but should be redelivered tomorrow. So early shower and bed time tonight, and then back to normal. I have been reading all your posts but I can't comment using my phone, I'm off to catch up with everyone. 

7 comments:

  1. Sounds a lovely family time away ...
    I enjoyed your photographs, you had some very nice weather :)

    Sleep well tonight.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely few days away with the family but a long drive - my back started aching just thinking about it. It normally takes us about the same time from West Yorkshire to SW Scotland but we now have an overnight hotel in Carlisle until my back is fully recovered. My mum and dad had their honeymoon in 1947 in Whitley Bay - I have never been but would like to go. Good that your garden and plants OK - I am hoping it doesn't get too hot at home while we are away or I'll have to call on a neighbour to pop round and check on the plants.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We always have an overnight stop on the way up, so we don't arrive too tired, we do the return journey in one go, as we are always ready to get home.

      Delete
  3. That's a long drive, but worth it if you are spending time seeing family that you don't see often. It's nice to get away and have a change of scenery, I'm looking forward to my break next week :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to see you had a wonderful break up north. The beach looks lovely and sandy. It's good to be able to catch up with family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that's a long drive and one I wouldn't be able to manage now. Great photos and it sounds as if you enjoyed yourselves immensely :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad the weather was kind and that you had a good time with some family. I haven't been to Newcastle but maybe I should :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails