Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Friday 14 April 2023

Crafting

I have done just one small new design, which I love, it's simple and pretty, I have hit a bit of a moment on this lower section, twice I have chosen designs which have been too big, so for now I am dotting flowers around, I will add just a couple more. I am doing the gold design centre bottom, it matches the band above, there is a third band further up, all in line, I hope it looks as if it is running through my work.
I have just one sleeve to knit and then it's the bands and neck, I have decided not to have a collar on this one, I have plenty of yarn, a whole 400grm ball will not been used. The buttons match and stand out a bit, which is OK. I am going to stitch the body together and then knit the neck, whilst the weight is not too much, I will then do the button bands and then finally the last sleeve.  
I did get my sewing machine out and did just one thing, it's a lightweight project bag, it can be turned inside out and used either way, one fabric is knitting the other is sewing. This was for a birthday gift for a friend who crafts, like me she is very tidy, so I think she will use this loads, but my machine stitching was not great so I will keep it for myself. I do like to make two bags and join them together, it looks much neater and two layers gives it strength, each bag has a big pocket, so either way there is a pocket on the inside and another on the outside. 
I saw this and wanted to share it.

Our weather is all over the place, storm Noah blew and dumped rain and hail on us, no damage anywhere here, my cover blew off the raised bed, so I popped it away, but the plants look good, so I won't use the cover again. Wednesday was a day inside, I have plenty to do, but sadly not reading, I do have a book, I am catching up on the last series of Shetland and also loving Race across the world, in Canada. 

Thursday was very breezy and sunny, we got washing on the line, all with extra pegs, walked to the village and then afternoon at home, no Pilates as my shoulder is playing up and I need to rest it. After lunch again heavy rain and hail, this morning again rain, they are promising dry weather next week, a bit warmer, I do hope so. 

I have decided which design to work on next on my cross stitch, it will fit into the bottom right had corner, I am going to fill the side and bottom lines, so I can see what space I have left. I am also finishing the sketches for my calendar wheel, soon I can stitch more on it.


10 comments:

  1. You seem very busy with your craft work and everything is looking really lovely - I especially like the bags as I have been thinking of making some for presents - there seems to be a wealth of patterns on Pintrest to try out but I do like the idea of it being reversable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Being reversible does use double the fabric, but I use cotton which is light and strong.

      Delete
  2. Have you seen 'Naked, alone and racing to get home' just found it yesterday, they are dropped in the hills and have 3 days to get home with no phone, clothes or food. I enjoyed it but it might not be everyone's cup of tea. Love the cross stitch.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like the cartoon :)

    Have a good weekend.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I quite agree with the whimper but don't complain bit... Unless we become an island again due to flooding that is.

    That bag is gorgeous.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whimpering 🌧️🌧️🌧️....... 😊

    ReplyDelete
  6. your cross-stitch is looking amazing, I love it! The weather has been bonkers hasn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It sounds like your crafting mojo is running at full pelt at the moment. I love the look of cables but they're not my favourite things to knit, a bit fiddly but worth the effort. Wouldn't it be good if the rain came at night but left us with beautiful sunny days.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We have had a bit of a roller coaster of weather haven't we! It is lovely to be able to start sitting outside more often though. The cartoon did make me smile and I love the two sided bags you made Marlene. Here's to some more settled weather!!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails