Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Tuesday 11 April 2023

Easter weekend

 I purchased 2 bunches of cut daffodils, they do look nice, they opened quickly, so I don't expect them to last too long, they brighten our room. We were home alone this long weekend, daughter, SIL and children were visiting family in Somerset for a few days, my brother stayed home decorating.

I wore sandals for the first time whilst in the garden on Friday, these are my new pair, hubby had his shorts on, but that's a step too far for me, just a few jobs outside, I did tidy my side inside our garage, I've moved all my summer things outside. We sat in the sunshine with coffee and hot cross buns, had a cider shandy with our lunch, so the garden is officially open. 

Monday we had the grand children back, so an Easter egg hunt was the main task, all done inside as the rain did not stop, Will was up stairs in our bedroom, Molly and George found items in the sitting room, I put 2 things together for them, as they always share. 


We had to choose carefully for Molly and George, both as dairy free in their diet, and Molly is also soya free, not so easy for young children, but we did get some treats. Will had dinosaur eggs as well as chocolate, they had toys inside. In my excitement of getting things for George and Molly I got them both a pack of small caramel eggs, which sadly they can't have as they might swallow them whole. 

My husband is a genius, he suggested a much better spot for the bird bath, I had not considered it here as in my mind I have a pot to put here, it will soon be an alpine garden, I have been online and ordered some smaller different plants. Once the trio of Acers are in full leaf and the grasses in my sink are back looking better, this whole section will look good.

Hubby used the last of the fence paint to give our new panels a third coat. Having sunny warm days is making me feel so much better, I was still outside for a few hours each day, there aren't any big jobs to do, I sorted the big pots for the tomatoes and cucumber plants, our local shop delivered a big grow bag, which I will put in both pots along with some chicken poo pellets. The bedding plants in our raised bed are growing well, I cover them each evening, and water them each morning, the ones in the greenhouse have doubled in size..

We decided not to have a huge roast lunch as it was just the two of us, hubby was due to be out most of Sunday, I planned to have a sewing day at home, he was home at lunch time and so no sewing was done, we did sit in the sunshine munching chocolate cake. It was nice to sit in the sun together and relax, we never drive anywhere on a Bank Holiday, our roads are always busy. 

Monday we had family for a easy lunch, burgers and hot dogs, we also had chocolate cup cakes, and some vegan ones and hot cross buns as well as, the kids loved it all.

8 comments:

  1. We don't venture out on Bank Holidays as it's no fun sitting in traffic jams as I live in a tourist area too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sandals, shorts, have you moved countries, my feet have yet to see the light of day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are way down south along the south coast.

      Delete
  3. It sounds a good weekend.
    The weather was certainly much better, our youngest grand-daughter even managed a paddle in the sea on Saturday :)

    Have a good week.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are near to the Last of the Summer Wine country and not too far from places like Howarth and Hebbden Bridge so a lot of tourists around and we avoid these places if we go out at all. It is still too cold up here to sit outside for long though I have swapped my boots for trainers now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Harvey says that there are those out wearing shorts today here. Me, well stuck inside until this virus runs it's course. What a lovely Easter egg hunt.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like you enjoyed a lovely family Easter. It will be a while before I'm wearing my sandals - we're forecast hail here today! X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a great Easter weekend. I love the way daffodils cheer up a room, and I must say that your sandals look so comfortable but still classy :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails