Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Monday 24 April 2023

On a sunny day

My trio of Acers are stunning, the colours, they blend and clash in equal measures, and fill this area and are a joy to see. I do trim these back to keep them smaller and neat, I use the steps to my greenhouse daily. The red acer is the faster growing plant, but I do try and keep it smaller, so the better colours of the other two shine. 
This Acer tree planted a couple years ago is also looking good, this is next to our decked seating area, it's a nice size and shape, it was the perfect decision where to place it, we thought for a long time to ensure it had space to grow. We now see more small brown birds in this area, the tree gives them cover, so they are braver and come closer. 
I have 3 peony's this year, mums is as old as me and has lots of buds, the bowl of beauty has it's first bud, it's been in the ground four years, and the pale pink one I moved has leaves growing. This is pleasing, as these will stay where they are and give blooms each early summer. 
Kirt's hair is dead, I think the pot got water logged and the cold snap finished it off, two of the grasses in my sink are also gone, the black one in the front and the blood grass in the back are both still OK. The grasses always struggle in the sink over winter, but normally they come back. I am not a grass lover, but I do like these smaller ones.
My Camelia has another flower, and loads of buds, it's happy in this tub in a sunny sheltered spot, it is in shade later in the afternoon and evening. We can see this tub from the sitting room, so the blooms make a scruffy section look beautiful. 
 
My mind is full of gardening, I have bedding plants in the greenhouse, I have marigold seeds under a cloche in the garden, if they don't grow I will get bedding plants, hubby loves them. My alpine plants have perked up and will be ready to go out soon. Nothing much else to do in the garden, except sit and enjoy it, once plants from the greenhouse are outside I will give the greenhouse a good clean and sort all my nasties. But for now we sit and watch the rain showers and enjoy the sunshine in between. 

We had Molly and George on Friday morning for a few hours, they are so full of fun and laughter, they both fell asleep in the car on the way home, I sat and did some more cross stitching most of the afternoon and evening.

Saturday I had a delivery from Ikea, daughter gave me a storage unit with 2 big containers, I ordered 2 medium and 2 small containers, most of the books, games and toys are now packed away, the 2 existing big units and popped them under the stairs, all very neat and tidy. The storage unit will be handy once we stop keeping toys, it's all very sturdy.

Sunday I removed everything from the spare bedroom, we are having a new carpet fitted today, it's the last part of redecorating the room, I have loads to put back into the room, the bed has two huge storage drawers, one we keep spare bedding in, the other games, which we do not play and lap blankets. Hubby wants me to pass on the games, but I'm not sure, will we play them when we are less active, there is room for them. I also want to put less back in the wardrobe and drawers, it's a dumping place for things which we use, but has no real home. Plenty to do today. 

6 comments:

  1. Sounds as though you are keeping busy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it great when you can tidy things away neatly. Your new storage sounds brilliant, I can't stand mess!
    I bet your spare room will look lovely too, all fresh and neat for Summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your acers are beautiful. The look so colourful. I would enjoy seeing them everyday too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your acers are ahead of mine, I think everything in our garden is later this year though. When I get home I have to empty the big wardrobe for Mark to dismantle so that we can get on with the rest of the bedroom decorating, not something I look forward too but it hasn't been decorated for about 7 years, so over due a make over! We don't really have the space for toys so if the kids come over they usually bring a bag of things to play with, then they can take them back home with them, ha ha

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your new storage sounds excellent.
    Hope the carpet fitting went well.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. The storage boxes will be perfect for keeping things all in one place. Hope the carpet fitting went well and you have a lovely new room now.
    Your Acers are stunning, such lovely colours. Have a happy gardening week if the weather holds out x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails