Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Sunday 30 April 2023

April round up.


I did return 2 balls of Aran yarn, which were not needed, and swapped them for some delightful fabrics. Expensive month in the garden, but loads of plants being grown on for the summer, purchasing just 4 plants for my Alpine dish was expensive at £32.50, but I wanted something different.

I spent £43, I got new slippers (very necessary) and a new pair of sandals (naughty), I recycled 2 pairs of sandals, both were not as comfortable as they could be. I also got cut flowers for Easter and a book to read.

We did a big shop, this time at a local huge Tesco superstore, just getting store items which we can't get at Lidl's, and a few bits for Easter, we spent over £200, just shocked at how much food is costing. Again no food waste this month, I spent nothing on clothes, I have had another sort out in my wardrobe, getting rid of stuff I don't wear. We had a bigger household spend with new carpet and rug, and a few smaller items, all needed and should last for years. 

My weigh is a bit lower, with Easter in this month and me loving chocolate, I was never going to lose much weight, and going to Newcastle with family, loads of lovely meals, my steps again have improved.

9 comments:

  1. You can spend a fortune in the garden now - plants have increased so much in price and very few places grow their own. Over the last 2-3 years I have made a big effort to wear everything in my wardrobe to wear it out before purchasing new, even the items that are not always that comfortable! I think I am actually getting to the point where I am fed up now of wearing the same 'old' things more than the fact I need to buy anything new!
    Food is still going up where we live and there are always empty shelves which means that when they have something we use and it is in stock and on offer I end up buying more than we really need and this creates a much larger bill at the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When we had a look for plants recently, I noticed that they've really gone up in price, I guess every business has bigger bills to pay. Food prices continue to go up almost weekly. Will this inflation ever end?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am only replacing a few plants lost in the winter cold spell, the broken pots are not being replaced.

      Delete
  3. I always put slippers on my Christmas wish list, they're a good gift for people who don't know what to buy and they're always useful. I think we'll be splashing out on the garden soon, there's a border to fill, though I'll buy smaller plants and let them fill out in their own time. Buying more mature specimens is so expensive. It's a good tip to buy small bedding plants and grow them on yourself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When we moved here I got loads of smaller plants to grow on, now our garden is mature, the smaller plants get lost, happily I only need a couple of bigger plants.

      Delete
  4. Funny you should mention slippers!
    I need a new pair and am thinking of going shopping in the week to get a new pair.

    Have a happy new month of May.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  5. Food is getting more expensive here too. I'm looking for slippers now - I usually buy a new pair at the start of each winter as that is when they all appear in the shops :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am tight and I wait until the end of the season and get mine at a reduced price.

      Delete
  6. I sometimes shop at a huge Tesco superstore and it's scary how much you can spend in there. If ever I've got vouchers, I tend to shop there to use them. I used to shop there during Covid as the aisles were wide and I would shop every two or three weeks and stock right up on things.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails