Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Monday 3 April 2023

April showers

 The flower heads on this Amaryllis are smaller than others I have grown, there are seven buds on the top bloom, others only give you four buds, as I said before, they are not as bright as I expected, but these flowers last for weeks, I love them. I do have to move them every time George visits, they are perfect height for him and like his Nana, George loves flowers and plants.

My new slippers and sandals arrived from Clarks Outlet online, I use this site as the savings are great. I have no issues with the size, they always fit, and I just get the design I like, they deliver very quickly. I was super pleased when they arrived, in their 'green' brown box, both boxes had no staples or glue, just as in years ago, the box folded up and you tucked in flaps, even the delivery bag is recyclable. They even send you a returns label so items can be sent back free of charge. 
All the main parts of my cardi have been knitted, now I need to sew it together, not a favourite part, then I can knit the bands and the collar, I am thinking of using silver shiny buttons, I am removing them from my scruffy big cardi, which I will throw away, it's not suitable for the clothes bins. I will have 2 balls of this yarn to return, it went further than the stated yarn on the pattern. Soon I will be working on my original start in the brown fleck.
Hubby has been changing our spare room radiator for a bigger one, it's a job he has done many times, but now being older it's not such an easy task, the floor boards run the wrong way, so he had to cut more than expected. He is an perfectionist, so even things which can't be seen has to be correct, this is the last bigger task required in this room and the house, this should help stop the damp which has appeared in this room over winter.

Most of the days have been wet, so we did not venture out much, just a quick dash to the village for milk on Saturday. I have had my sewing machine out, attaching all the badges to the blanket, it's a job I dislike, but the little lad who this is for, will love wearing it to scouts camp out nights.  I kept my sewing machine out and finished the badges, I have bunting to make for the garden, but my back was aching, so they won't get made yet. 

Nothing has been done in the garden, the lawn is covered in huge pink magnolia flowers, the wind has almost stripped our tree, no wind damage else where, which is good the winds have been strong. Two of my lovely terracotta pots have been cracked in the cold spell late last year, I will use a plastic pot for my mint in the herb section. The other pot has now no bottom, I will put it in a corner of my garden and use it as a raised bed, until the pot completely breaks. 

4 comments:

  1. Your Amaryllis is beautiful. I can't wait to see the cardigan when it is finished. It looks lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cardigan is looking great, and you knit it so quickly too! I'm just about to start cleaning my summer house as the weather has been lovely the last two days, the grass could do with cutting but it's still rather wet from all the rain. Have a good week

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking at your last post, D and myself are also going through our clothes and thinning them out to things we will actually wear this year.Your cardigan looks lovely and those pockets will be so useful. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your cardigan is looking lovely. I am in awe at how you can knit quickly, and your work is so neat.
    I hope your new slippers will keep your feet warm and cosy. X

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails