Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Friday 28 April 2023

Inside and out

This project is too big to show in one photo, so these two images show the bottom of the work. I am working back on the left side, I have stitched the one side of the third oblong box, just the internal design to fill, the flowers are from a design I used in the top half, I'm hoping it will again tie in top and bottom. I am enjoying stitching this mash up of designs.
My favourite view, it's a dull day, almost everything is growing, my metal table is bare, I have begonia's budding in pots in the greenhouse, they will come out in a few weeks. At the moment it's a waiting games, I am itching to get things in the ground. 
My tiny bedding plants are now huge, these cost me just £7 purchasing them in small strips and growing them on, I much prefer this way than planting seeds, my alpines are doing well, and loads of new growth in pots on the shelves. 
This is one of the best things in the garden, it is now permanently planted and should have blooms all through the year, it's in a sheltered spot so things are later than the main garden. I have a fuchsia at each end, different flowers, a peony in the middle, loads of spring bulbs and hyacinth bulbs along the front. There is an aquilegia in there as well, it's too small to have any winter displays. 
I stopped regularly purchasing magazines years ago, but I have kept all these and love to flip through at the beginning of each month, normally I might have 3 copies, I have 5 for May always an interesting month.
Wednesday was a stay at home day, we managed two local walks, which we both enjoy, hubby's back is improving and hopefully will be back to normal soon, he is walking much better. I was at daughters house for the bedtime routine, all three children had stories and went to bed and sleep well, Will and I had a lovely chat, he has been up our Spinnaker Tower and wanted to ask me about my abseil I did years ago, he wants a photo to take to school, I do enjoy our bedtime chats. 

Thursday we went into town on the bus, we wandered a bit, I am looking for plastic cubes like these, for our wardrobe, the back wall can get a bit of a dumping ground, Lekman cubes are perfect, but expensive and I can't find any second hand ones. We also collected our pottery we made in March, I will post next time with photo's. Later I went to my Pilates class which I am still enjoying. 

Today we have friends popping over for coffee, later I hope to stitch some more, BUT I have decided, this weekend coming I will finish my second cardi. 

3 comments:

  1. When younger our grandchildren always enjoyed a bedtime story before going to sleep ... now they are older it is lovely to see them reading by themselves before settling down to sleep.
    You just can't beat a good book :)

    Have a lovely weekend.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love seeing pictures of your garden. It looks so well maintained and inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I currently have quite a few of those magazines and enjoy looking back at them just like you. However there comes a point where I am going to have to stop the subscription with no more space to store them.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails