Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Wednesday 26 April 2023

As April leaves

I have spent most of my time on this huge project, I have ignored other crafts and reading, the pink lace section looks complicated, but breaking it down to three sections made it easy to stitch, I have used this design on the very top of my design, there I stitched in pale blue. I have looked through my 'finished' page on my blog and found 2 more designs which will fit in here along the rest of the bottom section, so plenty to do.  
This is unexpected and very pleasing, the bud has grown tall very quickly, I just hope it have enough strength in the bulb to flower. It's back inside, I have supported the stem to help it stay straight. 
The weather has turned cooler again, so I have my home made cloche on my marigold seeds, I can't see anything growing, but I'm being safe. I have not covered my raised bed, as the plants are protected by the sides. I have wrapped a few plants in the greenhouse. 
This is by the side of my greenhouse, here I store the plastic sides and door from my old lean too greenhouses, the softer plastic sheet was attached to the back, as seen here, I never get rid of anything useful, these bits are used often for various task around the garden. 
I got the days wrong for our carpet, it was fitted on Tuesday, Monday I sorted my wardrobe and got rid of more clothes, loads were good quality, but work style, and I have not worn them since I retired over 4 years ago, I also sorted my active wear, and summer trousers, so they are hanging instead of folded. My side of the wardrobe is still full, I last sorted in 2021, I also found another pair of shoes, so 3 pairs went to the recycling bin. I should not need anything this year, I am hoping to use what I have. 

Tuesday was sign class, I have missed a couple of mornings this month, so it was great catching up, again we were not a Shelia's house, it's nice to give her a break from us all in her house, she is a very tidy lady and spends time before and after group, ensuring her home is lovely. I spent the evening putting everything back into the spare bedroom, I am pleased how it looks, we used the same paint colour on the walls, using what we already had, so at first glance other than curtains and a bigger radiator nothing much is different. 

Today we have nothing planned, I would like to pop to a garden centre, but I don't have room in the greenhouse, so I might wait a week and hope the weather is warmer at night. Thank you for your comments on my last post, I love the colour of my trio of Acers, when the sun shines on them them are stunning. We all love a tidy storage space, having it now in the back of the sitting room keeps the little ones out of other rooms, as toys and books were in different rooms. 

6 comments:

  1. Well done for going through your wardrobe. I'm in the process of beginning to track what I wear in mine. To be honest, I probably know what I don't wear. A lot of it I used to wear to work and don't wear on a daily basis now, but I'm not quite ready to get rid of it all yet, especially when I don't know what I'm going to be doing workwise in the near future. Some things I can cull though and I will.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think with the changeable weather it's wise not to leave any young plants exposed at the moment. What a lovely surprise getting another amaryllis flower :-) Your cross stitch is growing, you are really making great headway with it, how will you finish it once completed?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have some green upholstery fabric, a curtain sample, so I will make it into a cushion for our spare bed.

      Delete
  3. The weather has been a little cooler again, so definitely best to look after any young plants/seedlings.

    I can't believe there are only a few more days of April, the month seems to have passed by in a flash!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. I tidied my own wardrobe not that long ago, and it felt very satisfying. It's good when you can see exactly what you're working with.
    The sign class sounds great. I learned to sign the alphabet when I was younger but I would love the opportunity to learn more. Does George sign? Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. George uses Makaton, which is very similar to BSL, it helps them lean to talk and read, but he can be lazy and not sign, he knows we all understand him, so he gets days when he just refuses to communicate with signing. I do love our sign group, it's become a social gathering.

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails