Back in mid November, I decided it was time to bring this project back out, it had been in my WIP box for a couple of years, I still had all the threads stored with the design, so it was just a case of stitching it again, in hope to be able to have it finished and on show this Christmas season.
As promised to myself, this bigger bird was the last part I stitched, the shades and colours bring these birds alive as I stitched them, the designer has made wonderful images.
In another add on, I decided I would like the snow to shine, so I used some sliver sewing machine thread, which I separated, and stitched at random, I'm pleased it just give the snow a lift. I'm not sure if you can see it, but it does glimmer in daylight.
The pin in my fabric shows where I left the needle before it was packed away, the needle left a rust mark, I thought it would far enough away to not matter, but my decision to make a cushion, needed a bigger square area and the rust spot was a problem.
It took very little time to make a new cushion inner and the cover with the tartan fabric I had in my stash, I think it goes well, originally I was going to use plain red, but then I saw the fabric in my stash and knew it would suit. I did want an edging on this cushion, so when our local shop reopens next week I will find a nice braid to stitch around the seams. I did pop a cotton lining behind my stitching to help it keep it's shape.
I have used loads from my stash this year, I have one other small project almost completed, I will post next time, it's fun to be able to look and use what I already have. I have pulled out another cross stitch WIP to work on, but I won't being doing it day and night, I am heading back to my knitting needles and the jackets for Will and George.
I am still using my sewing machine, the simple project I was making for George has grown, it will be finished by Sunday, I just hope it looks as good as I see it in my mind.