Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Tuesday 18 July 2023

Back outside

This little bed is coming back to life, I had to dig it out last month to stop the rats stealing my plants, I am pleased to see a fuchsia bud, due to the shady location by our back door this bed blooms later than the rest of the garden. 
The side bed is looking good, the crocosmia  are doing well, I have for years pulled these corns out as they grow, this year I have left them, the lily is also another survivor and has bloomed. 
I pulled this plant from the raised bed, I did not recognise it and it was getting bigger, on looking back to last March, on a shopping trip to Wilkinson's I got something different, it's Mirabilis Jalapa, there were two roots in the packet, both have yellow buds, so they work well in the side bed, I will have to keep an eye on them, they can get big. Note to myself, read the packet before planting.
My begonias are all doing well, the two pots by my metal table and chairs are in full bloom, else where in the garden I have buds, I have them in another 3 locations as well as the photos here, I love these plants, the blooms are all very different and will last into September. 
My big patch of agapanthus is in full bloom, this corner has turned blue, 20 blooms on this plant is the best ever, also my Hosta has survived in it's new location and a flower stem has formed, the back end of the garden is doing really well. 
The windy weather and heavy rain has not as yet damaged our garden, the Magnolia tree has lost some of it's blooms, it the second lot of flowers this year, it's sad to see them on the lawn, there are loads more blown onto the flower beds. 
The garden is looking good again, my water buts are full, so can we please have summer back, I am missing being outside for our morning coffee's and lunches. 

Tennis, Wimbledon finals weekend, so sad to see Ons Jabeur lose the ladies final, I really wanted her to win, I love to watch her play, my heart broke for her, listening to her after match speech. We watched later in the evening, after my needle felting class, we both managed to not hear the results. The men's final was a brilliant match, I found Novic Djokovic to be very arrogant, the extra time he took at each of his serves was annoying, at times he was not true to the spirt of the game, Carlos Alcaraz played amazing once he got past the first set, which he lost. A perfect way to finish two weeks of good quality play.

Hubby is still decorating,  he has started on the hall, he did the doors when doing the other rooms, so just ceiling,  walls and skirting boards, it's a small area, so won't take long. The green paint is a new colour, darker than what we already have, it's a bit darker than expected,  but we both like it, it will be used in hall and into dining and sitting room. So I'm being lazy, I'm not allowed to paint, can't do housework, scared any dust might be kicked up on the paintwork, so I'm crafting.

4 comments:

  1. It's been as much as I can do to harvest the vegetables these last few weeks...oh for a late Summer spell of not to hot, not too windy weather, and the time to just potter. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. My perennial garden is overgrown with weeds. Hopefully I can make a start at weeding tomorrow morning.

    Your garden is as usual an oasis.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are hearing so much here about heat waves sweeping across the opposite side of the world, but obviously not in your area. Hope you get to see some more sunshine soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your garden looks lovely.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails