Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Friday 28 July 2023

Making new friends

My rabbit is now complete, all her limbs are attached and she has a pretty face, I have made her pants, last time I tried to knit them I abandoned the pattern, half way through, this time it took 2 starts. I wont make any more clothes, she is finished. As yet Molly has not seen her, I am hoping she will love her, I know George will also enjoy playing with her, they share all their toys, no gender limitations here. 
My second lady, is coming along, I do a bit each day, not rushing, ensuring I do it right and not forget any part. Her body does look long, it is the same length as Reenie, I suppose very few have a perfect body, she is not padded out yet, or has her skin tone added in this photo.
I was not shown how to do features, so if it looks very basic, it's because I don't know what I am doing, I do love her grey hair, I will add more later, her eyes are a bit large and her lipstick too bright, I'm pleased with my first ever nose, I've shaped her head and she does have a neck. As for her boobs, they are the same size, doesn't look like it in this photo, and they are in the right place. I still need to work on her arms and legs, all of them are a big fatter than I hoped. I think she looks like a Betty to me.
I have been given a flower press, I had one years ago and loved using it, it had been give as an unwanted gift and the lady thought of me, and passed it on. I took a wonder around the garden on Wednesday morning, it was dry and sunny, the flowers and leaves were dry and open.
The clematis around our main entrance is blooming, we have popped wires for them to grow along, we are thinking of trying to root a cutting and having it grow both sides of the door arch, we dont have enough space to put another plant in, the roots won't fit, hopefully the blooms would then be lower and not just along the top. The white lavender has been a success in the two pots. 

It's been a nothing week here, I did go to sign group on Tuesday, we had a games session, which was fun, and a special lunch as it was Viv's birthday. The weather at the start of the week was kind to us, not so much rain and mostly falling later in the day, so mornings have been bright and sunny, laundry is all up to date. Having said that it started raining on Wednesday evening, all night and still going on Thursday morning, very dull and grey. I was very careful at Pilates Thursday evening,  I hurt my shoulder last week and did not want a repeat.

Garden is doing good, full of colour, I planted 10 nerine bulbs, I got them locally for just £5, which is a bargain. Other than dead heading I have not done much, I did have a good sort out behind our garage, it's my working area, with a water butt and composters, but it's also a dumping ground. 

Crafting has been the main time filling exercise, I am enjoying what I am making, but there is no buzz of excitement, still nothing is grabbing my attention. I need to find a book to read, again I have plenty here, but nothing calls to me. I have been out walking, just trying to shake off the gloom, doing more to release my mind back to where it should be. 

6 comments:

  1. Hope your weather picks up soon and you can overcome that gloom - sunshine (in moderation LOL not that awful heat) can help the spirits so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Molly will certainly love the rabbit. Her knickers are great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do like the rabbit, and I'm sure Molly will love it.
    Enjoy your weekend, I think we may be in for some mixed weather!

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. The rabbit is so cute. Molly will love it.

    "Betty" is coming along nicely.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The rabbit is gorgeous. It reminds me of one that I used to have. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving all your makes. I hope you're feeling a bit better soon.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails