Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Sunday 16 July 2023

Luscious Ladies

Another class taken, again at our local arts centre, which is just a short bus ride from home, today was needle felting, which I have wanted to do for ages, the class was Luscious Ladies, meet Reenie, she is of course luscious and my first real attempt at needle felting. Our tutor said she looks like a lady with 'ee' in her name, so as it was my mum's birthday, and her name was Irene, I thought Reenie was right, my mum was tiny and thin, I wonder if she ever wanted curves like this. 
Out tutor showed us how to make the basic frame using pipe cleaners and add the body shape with a fibre called slivers, it was a calm fun class, she explained every process and ensured we understood and was always ready to move on. Here very simply is the stages of building the frame, adding flesh and then skin tones, ensuring each set of limbs matched perfectly, each explanation ensuing a great base, just the legs to cover in photo 4.
The next stage was great fun, making tiny boobies, scary to make two the same, and fun doing them without pricking our fingers, once added to our person, she became a lady, here you could add curves and create her character.
The last stage was dressing our ladies, I wanted mine to very full of curves, and added the bikini and hat, We were not shown how to make faces, they are not necessary. Here are the three ladies made today, don't they live up to their titles, each made the same, but each very different, I did not want mine in a bucket, I will find somewhere for her to sit in my office, I will need to see her daily as she does bring a huge grin to my face. 
The class was small, the tutor Ali was so very good, she explained things simply and watched us and helped where needed, she gave us space to create the style of ladies we wanted, made helpful suggestions, and gave us loads of tips and helpful hints. She ignored us if we did something in a different way to her, especially if it was still working out. Ali sells her Luscious Ladies locally, the ones she brought with her are just brilliant, I can understand why she sells so many, sadly I forgot to take a photo of hers and sadly as yet she does not have a website. The final part of the class was a recap on everything we done, noting things we might forget and then a couple of websites for supplies. It was a day class of pure joy and has fired my want to do more needle felting and to have a go at making animals. 

If you are at all in the south of Hampshire, message Ali and find out where she is doing other classes, I am going to book her quirky cats class, again very beautiful designs. 
This post is not sponsored, I did ask Ali if I could use her name on my blog, (it would be rude not too), it's great to do a successful class, it's something else to have an inspired class. I loved wet felting, but this is something completely different.

I have already been on the websites suggested by Ali and ordered items required to do more, once the postman has been, watch this space.

6 comments:

  1. This class sounds super fun. I love Reenie, especially her cleavage. So saucy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your luscious lady is i deed luscious. What a lovely way to spend time especially when the tutor is good and the class is small. Catriona

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like really good fun, and Reenie looks fab.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Luscious, indeed! And I love the purple bikini. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do like your luscious lady, so pleased you enjoyed the class.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  6. What fun!!! I have always wanted to try needle felting as well.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails