Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Wednesday 23 November 2022

Unexpected.

We have a few Olives on our tree, there were loads forming, but in the long dry summer the tree dropped most. I don't mind as we leave them for the birds, they never ripen properly in our cooler part of the year. This tree is about the trunk and the leaves, both are beautiful all through the year. I do have a soft winter cover ready if it gets too cold this winter. 
My Violets along the back section have filled out well, I wanted these under the shrubs growing in the back of the garden, I loves these tiny flowers, I have them elsewhere in the garden. The shrubs are still small, when they start growing I only want them to the height of the spike in the low fence. This is looking towards the house.
The winter Jasmin is beautiful this time of year, along with the berries on the other plant (who's name I have forgotten), brighten this back fence. I have other summer plants here, each year this gets thicker, it softens our neighbours huge bar shed behind. It's the only place in the garden where we have plants growing on the fence.
Salvia Hotlips and roses this late in November, they add colour to this side bed, we still see bees around this section of the garden. I am not cutting these back until spring, it gives bugs a place to over winter. My bunting is getting tatty, I will cut it down soon, I already have everything to make new next year. 
This is the unexpected section, Fuchsias in bloom, the bottom two photo's are in the small raised bed beside our back door. The plants by our back door have never stopped blooming, but in the warm spell they produced loads more buds. The tall plant, I moved from a pot to our raised bed at the back, it sits infront of the greenhouse, I'm pleased to see new growth, it means I did not damage the roots. 

Some Begonias are still blooming, the ones in both my chimney pots have stopped, and the one in the smaller photo, in my big black tub by greenhouse door is now closing down. But the plant in my raised bed to full of flowers, as is the Nemesia hanging on in there, with their tiny blooms.

There are bulbs starting to shoot all around the garden, far to early, once the colder weather arrives, they will disappear until spring, when it's their time to shine. 

The only task being done in the garden is hubby is collecting all the leaves, they are shredded as they are sucked up, so they go instantly into my mulch dustbins, our Magnolia tree is not dropping it's leaves yet, it won't be long before they will need to be collected and shredded, they are too big to use the leaf sucker. I don't plan to do anything this week, when I do get outside I won't be doing too much, just a tidy, I still have the autumn raspberries to cut back, just ensuring we are winter ready. I have a few garden fleeces ready if the winter is very cold, I've not needed them in the past couple of years. 

The fence panels are broken to bits, three close to the house, we will have to try and get them sorted, I think our neighbour might just let us get them done, as we can see into her garden and house, not that we want to look. Two panels are breaking by the back of our greenhouse it looks as if the tops as breaking off, we have decided we are not going to pay to replace them, we will get some chicken wire and put between posts, it's by her summer house, so not easy to get at and we can't see as it at the bottom of our garden. The wind always blows across our garden into next door, so the bits breaking off never end up in our garden.

2 comments:

  1. Your garden still has some lovely colour, I particularly like the winter Jasmin.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Imagine having colour in your garden in November. Amazing.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails