Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Friday 4 November 2022

Getting on

My sewing is getting too big for just one photo, having completed the top line, I can now get a scale of the design, I have moved my work up in the frame, so I have more space below. The pink squares are just a bit higher than half way, this won't be a square cushion, the height is a bit longer than the width. I've had comments on how quickly this is growing, all of the designs I have stitched before and they are very symmetrical,  so I don't need to keep checking the pattern, which saves time, I love balanced designs.
I am pleased with the purple design, I stopped with three, if I had gone along to the other side, I would have had the last design crashing into the purple flowers, I think the two purple colours would go, but I want things to stand out not blend. I have been searching more of these lace designs for this space. 
My sock for SIL is coming along well, the orange mixed colour segments are much bigger than the plain dark grey, so I feel I should have enough yarn for both socks in this design. I do love how these are knitting up, and as SIL loves colour I'm sure he will love them as well. The best news with these socks are, SIL is only a size 9 and is there will be only a few ends to sew in.
A new author for me, interesting plot, what would you say to protect your child, to the police, 5 teenagers go to the woods, 4 come out, I loved this book told by a father, what he believes and what he's told. I would read another book he has written 5 others. Book 78 read this year.

Wednesday was a day at home, hubby was out in the morning, so I finished cleaning the kitchen cabinet tops, it's a horrible job, I'm happy now they are all done, I wiped all the cabinet fronts and the wall tiles, so I'm feeling good. I want to do sitting and dining room next, before any decorations (not to December) go up. I feel the house needs a good clean and dust, I regularly clean, but not often the corners, so I plan to do a deep clean of a room each week. The open plan downstairs mean the kitchen, dining and sitting rooms get that awful sticky dust, I now need to resort my cleaning rota, as in the past few months I have ignored it.  

I also got my full refund from Wowcher, to be fair, once they had done their procedures (contact the supplier), with no replies, they were happy to refund the full amount, including the delivery charge paid to the supplier. I chose to speak to them on WhatsApp, they chatted to me within the 24 hours promised, did not need to see proof of payment on delivery, for customer service I give them 100%. It has not turned me against purchasing anything from them in future. As for the storage unit, I can manage without until next summer.

Thursday we went to IKEA in Southampton, we did not want anything big, mainly some dolls furniture for Molly, she already has their house, sadly the furniture was plastic not at all what we wanted. It was fun to wonder around, we don't go there that often, it was another wet day, so being inside was good, we chose not to go into city centre, nothing much we wanted.

Today is a home day, we have laundry to do, I don't have much to do, hope to be able to craft or read later, I'm babysitting at tea time, so mum and dad can have an early meal out with friends.

7 comments:

  1. Love a good mooch round Ikea, especially on a wet day! Your sewing is looking fab, the purple motifs are great. Sock is also looking great, such vibrant colour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are still waiting for Ikea to arrive in New Zealand. I've been to their Phoenix store a couple of times and loved it :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your stitching is growing nicely. I haven't been to IKEA in ages, I do like a mooch round but I find it's full of things you never knew you needed, lol. Aldi usually have some nice wooden things for doll houses.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Our nearest Ikea is 500 miles away so I envy you your visit.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your sewing is beautiful and I love the colour of those socks your SIL is going to love them. Have a great weekend. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. ... there's always plenty to see at IKEA

    Happy weekend wishes.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your embroidery and socks are coming on great. I admire your skills. I haven't been to an IKEA in an age. Our local one has closed as a store and I think is now just distribution or something, which is a pity. It's an hour to get to any other store now, so I rarely bother. It would be nice to wander around one though.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails