Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Sunday 20 November 2022

Happiness is....

I am working on a new section, this is another favourite design of mine from the Spanish sampler, the colourful band above is from the same design. There are only two shapes here, all the colourful flowers are the same and the green sections are again the same, there is a smaller infill of the pale green, I have not yet decided if I like the shade of green I started to use, if I'm thinking about it then I probably don't like it.
The pink blooms against the blue walls in our bathroom is such a wonderful contrast, for just a few weeks this spot is delightful, the plant still looks good without the blooms. 
The other plant loving the bathroom is my spider plant, with it's babies , again a perfect spot for this plant, the green variegated leaves again looks good with the blue. I do love these plants when they get huge. 
My Amaryllis has doubled in size and I have everything crossed I have another bud forming. I removed the plastic sleeve after a week, allowing the plant to acclimatize to our room conditions. I have high hopes for beautiful white flowers at Christmas.  They always grow well in this spot.
George is 3 this week, and we won't get to see him on his birthday, so we gave him his card and present, mummy encouraged him to open it. George loves the film Up and loves Doug the friendly dog, we got him the soft toy, he was extremely happy with it. 

It was good to spend Saturday afternoon with daughter, George and Molly, Will was having a sleepover at Grandma and Grandpa's house. I collected Will from school Friday afternoon, so we had some time together. 

We walked to the village on Saturday morning,  it was dry and cold, I have started wearing my gloves and scarf, I don't mind it cold as its easy to add layers,  the temperature has dropped, I do hate being cold and wet. Grace sits on my lap most evenings, so she keeps me warm, often I am too hot with her, but I do enjoy her being so close.

I'm using my phone to access the Internet and it won't allow me to comment on any post, not sure if it's Blogger or Google, but it's a pain. Hopefully I will be able to use my desktop again soon and leave comments.

I have to finish SIL sock, I'm past the heel, so straight simple knitting, it the final bit if his Christmas present. 

2 comments:

  1. Every time I use my phone on Blogger, I need to relearn how to comment and post. It is a pain.

    Your stitching is coming along nicely. I am amazed at how you know what would look great in the next section.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a lovely picture of George with Doug the friendly dog :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails