Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Thursday 14 July 2022

Slowly, slowly

I purchased these at our local shop, I do dislike making small button holes, I am starting to make more Luna Lupin and friends, I have five to make. 
I got this pattern, I want to make George some winter clothes, he is so tall and thin, clothes which fit his chest and waist are never long enough in the body and legs, I have altered patterns before, so I will make the correct size for his waist and chest and lengthen the body and legs. 
Another good book, it took us through the camps, their freedom and then their lives after, how they processed their past and chose to live their future. Not as good as other books by this author, but a very interesting read. Book 55 read this year.
I popped to the library for some books, this one was in the middle of Lindwood Barclay novels, I did not check the author, initially I was disappointed at it being the wrong author, but decided to read it. I'm not a huge fan of American crime, but this book was good, it held a great story line, it was very believable plot, I loved the twist at the end, and there will be another book, this being the 2nd book. I think I will look for his 1st book. Book 56 read this year.  
I got a letter this week, it seems I have over paid on tax, I had a small pay-out last autumn and I had to pay tax on it, so now they are refunding the tax,  it's not much but as they say 'every little helps' I was not enough to pay for the bits I purchased above, but a nice surprise.

It's been a very quiet week so far, I'm British so I can say, it's just too hot outside, we do most of the jobs early in the mornings, before it's too hot. I am dead heading in the garden, my roses are putting on a very good show this year, the bedding plants are also full of colour. We have had a couple of mid-afternoon BBQ's, simple food with lots of salad, the tomatoes are now starting to ripen, I am in a lull with my cucumbers, but there are more coming, the salad leaves are in full swing again. The blueberries are few, and the raspberries are forming, soon they will be ready. Our lovely neighbour is looking after her grand daughters 3 small dogs, they are yappy and barking all the time, she is very apologetic about their noise, but it's just for 10 days we can live with that, she is such a good neighbour. 

Tuesday we were at daughters house all day, with Molly and George, daughter had a spa day break with a friend, she looked so much better on her return, and we had fun with the younger ones, I picked Will up from school, he showed me his new classroom for September, and explained all the changes he is having, he's happy, they are mixing the children again, but he will still have a couple of friends in his class.
 
The spare bedroom has had a sort out, our wardrobe is used for storage, lots of baby things, which we no longer require, we also sorted the toy box, and loads of baby things are on their way to the charity shop. I did get a box and fill it with all our children's books, George loves books, they are now in the sitting room under the high chair, easy access for him. 

Thank you once again for your comments, I find it hard to slow down, I'm not one to sit about, but with such low energy levels, I am forced to sit and rest and happily read again. My mind is thinking craft, I got my box of hexagons out, I have made loads, I did say I wanted a sewing machine cover, so I might just pick them up, all I have to do is sew them together. I have even painted my nails for the first time in ages, I still have in mind the craft list I made a few post back. I've read comments about you finding too many comments in your spam file, I just checked mine and found loads of comments, all are now published. 

7 comments:

  1. That's very nice receiving an unexpected tax refund. I know my husband is due one but it's very frustrating dealing with the tax office so I will look out for an envelope like yours in the mail :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they've got a cheek asking you to claim your tax refund, when the shoe's on the other foot and you owe them any money they're quick to be in touch, and charge interest on what you owe. It's a way of getting out of paying it if people don't claim it. It sounds like you've got lots of plans where your crafting's concerned, it's going to keep you busy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a fan of American crime novels either, I read a Karin Slaughter one a few months ago and that confirmed my feelings for them. I hope you get yourself something nice with your tax refund :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely that you are able to alter patterns. It sounds like you will be busy for awhile with your projects.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My mum taught me to sew, she gave me the confidence to alter and make things fit, I could never thank her enough, she was an inspiration.

      Delete
  5. It's so good to get tax refunded, enjoy the feeling! You have been so very busy again despite the heat, I really hate it, and I'm glad to hear you are getting your energy back. Your nails look lovely.
    The dungarees will be great for George, so practical.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’m American, and I don’t like American crime novels much, either!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails