Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Thursday 7 July 2022

Tennis

I loved this book, 3 different stories all coming together, misconception, judging people you don't know, it's really about one person, but which person. Book 54 read this year, I have not enjoyed every book I have read from this author, but I did enjoy this book. 

I am testing negative again, as is hubby, daughter is still positive, Molly and George are negative, they had no symptoms at all. I was hoping to lose some of the nastier bits associated with covid, but the cough, the tiredness are still present, and I ache. Today my glands are up, hope there are not any extra bugs lingering. I cancelled my haircut tomorrow, best to be safe, it's rebooked for the following Friday.

Daughter popped in today, no point keeping apart, we all got it together, we spent the whole time outside, George loves the garden and was playing football and kicking the ball, Molly loves being outside, she had fun with ball games as well. Daughter dropped off a couple pairs of Wills school trousers with ripped knees, I have already cut and sewn them into shorts, should help out for a while. I did the ripped jeans, but in the end I used matching thread, so the mend is almost invisible. It was good to do something useful. 

I have watched alot of tennis on the BBC, it's a good year, I love both Ladies and Gentlemen singles, they have all played well. I am saddened that Nadel has pulled out with an injury, I do love to watch him play. Just 3 more afternoons left, Saturday will be busy our Spanish friends daughters will be heading to Gatwick for their flight home, it's Mollys 1st birthday and the Ladies final, I'm sure there is time for everything. Sunday will be a lazy day with the Gentlemens final. 

If I had to get covid, Wimbledon tournament is perfect timing, for once I was happy to rest, it is a very tiring thing to get. Just now wanting everyone to be free of it. Thank you for all your kind comments, we have had so many offers of help, it's wonderful to have so much support. 

 

4 comments:

  1. Lovely to spend time in the garden together ...
    Molly's 1st birthday already, the year seems to have gone by so quickly.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hopefully your covid is on it's way out now , what a horrible thing . I always fall asleep if I start watching tennis lol ! Take care in the hot sun that is coming 😎x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do hope that you all get over Covid very soon. I have heard that some of the effects can linger for awhile.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails