Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Friday 29 July 2022

Last few days of July

I have almost finished the front and first side panel, just a few to stitch together on top left, it's the correct height. I now need to sew the side and back panel, I already have a big section done, just need to add to it, the back will be higher, I have a flap to tuck over the top of the machine.
Another new author to me, I did not fully read the back cover and choose it based on it set in Australia outback, someone is missing, it's one of many books about Ben Hope, ex SAS, I found the story too cut and dry, Ben had experienced so much, he had answers for everything, OK if you like matcho stuff but not my style. Book 61 read this year. 
So your a dog who has been experimented on, enhanced, can read, has GPS, and they say I'm not working properly and should be terminated, so what do you do, run, totally daft story, but I loved it. Book 62 read this year. 


Tuesday we had a sign ladies met at our house, sat in the shade in the garden for lunch, loads of chatter, lots of fun. No smell from next door, hubby sprayed everywhere to eliminate most of the flies, a peaceful couple of hours, later I babysat 3 youngest grandchildren whilst mummy went to a show, a late night but enjoyable for everyone. I had more time with Will, he is such an interesting little soul.

Wednesday we drove to just outside of Swindon, we have been staying in a old house hotel for a few days, I will post photos in my next post, we are driving home today, with a stop on the way, we both are now lovely and relaxed. 

How quickly this month has flown by, the year is going just as quick, my god the evenings are getting darker, soon the season will change again. 
  

4 comments:

  1. I was intrigued by the Chase book being about a dog, read the review and not one I would read as the dog gets hit by a truck, I'm a big softy like that :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The evenings are beginning to get darker aren't they.
    It's scary how quickly this year is going :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do find Barclay's books a lovely read.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails