Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Monday 4 July 2022

Covid

This is another good book, not as great as her 1st, Girl on the Train, but the story line was interesting, mixing so many lives, different stories interlinking, each person having a bit of the puzzle. I still have a few weeks before I need to return these library books, so they should be here a week untouched, before I return them. Book 53 read this year

Hubby is now feeling much brighter, his cough is much better, I feel as if I have the worse summer cold, with a hacking cough and headache no taste or smell. I spent much of Saturday resting and reading, with a late start on Sunday, sadly daughter confirmed she is positive as is both George and Molly, Will is negative, we think daddy who is testing negative is still carrying and sharing covid. Now we are all in our homes waiting for it to pass.

Needless to say we have not done much, luckily we have enough food, I got loads of different things for our visitors to try, our Spanish friends are not worried, over there if they are positive they just carry on as normal, so they are comfortable with us both poorly, we had planned a weekend at home, sadly our family BBQ was just the 4 of us. We will test on Tuesday, which I think is my 5th day. We have ordered more test kits, so we can test daily after then.

Nothing much is happening here, we enjoy the garden, a bit of tennis, listen to music and read books. The girls join in, trying lots of different things, enjoying the British lifestyle. We have been for a couple of walks along the shore line, there is plenty of space and no need to get close to anyone, the area is only used by locals. 

I am using my sewing machine today to mend a pair of ripped jeans, Alba has a rip in the wrong place and I will mend it, we have decided to patch underneath and sew over with lots of bright colours, making a feature. 

Thank you for your comments, we have had loads of support, friends and neighbours offering to help, it's great to feel so much support. After hiding from Covid for over 2 years, in one way it's good to get it over and done with, hoping that once will be enough. 

9 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear most of your family have come down with Covid. OH has now tested negative and I am still negative so far. Will test again today. Hope you're all feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dobt think we have to isolate here anymore either but I think you're right to stay away from people, it's only fair. When you go to bed at night rub vicks on the soles of your feet, especially around the underneath of your toes. Sounds strange but it helps with the cough and unbending. Sorry your daughters family are testing positive too, I don't think there will be many people who don't get it at one time or another, vaxinated or not. Feel better soon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you all feel better soon, Marlene. We know of several people who have had Covid more than once, despite being fully jabbed. But I guess the infection is weaker than it would be had they not been jabbed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry I don't know if my previous comment was saved or not. Just wanted to say I hope you and the family feel better soon. I've heard of so many people catching the virus even when they have had it before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear that you and your family are all testing positive. At least you all have it at the same time but then it makes it difficult to support each other doesn't it. Hope you're all over it soon.

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear that you all have come down with Covid. I hope you all feel better very soon.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sending love and best wishes to all of you for a speedy recovery x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sorry to hear that you are all suffering right now and hope you all feel better very soon 💐x p.s. I love the ripped jeans idea , have fun with that and want to see it when 'tis done ! 😄x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hoping you and the family feel better soon.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails