Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Sunday 19 June 2022

Gala at the castle

I went to the gala at Portchester Castle yesterday, it was hot, but over-caste and breezy, the gala happens every year, I went with youngest daughter and her 3 children. Back home we had a BBQ, and Will had loads of fun with these bubble guns, a lovely family day, hubby stayed at home, it was too far for him to walk, he is still not up to full strength. 
More photo's of a fantastic day.







George loved everyone, he was running (I know he has only been walking for a few weeks) everywhere loving so many people around, he is not happy with dogs, so we stopped and said hello to loads of beautiful dogs, there was a dog show there. Will loved the army people, he loves everything military, they let him have a go with the light guns, to shoot at each other, he tried hard at archery and managed to shoot some rubber tipped arrows. Daughter loves archery and had two goes and was highest scoring lady as we left.  It was as always a great family day, we only stayed for a couple of hours, enough time to have loads of fun. I have always loved living so close to the castle, we are able to walk there in 10 mins, often along the shore line, though not today, the pushchair can't make that route, it's a perfect back ground for events, there was a fun fair in the carparks, but we did not think George would like the lights and noise.

Hubby made a perfect BBQ, just simple food, both boys were hungry, Molly is now trying all foods and often will nick food out of Georges hands. Will loved the bubble guns, he took one home, the other will stay here for when they next visit. They stayed until just before 5pm, we tidied the toys away and the garden, had an early shower and rested all evening and an early night. Daughter had all three bathed and in bed early, so she had a restful evening. 

Today I will do nothing, running after a quick little boy is tiring  as well as fun, so nothing much planned, I will get my sewing machine out for one small task hubby has requested, should only take 15minutes. 

Sue over at My Quiet life in Suffolk, had a great post on Friday, basically asking has she retired too early or settled down to a quiet life too early, it got me thinking, because I am a home bird and always prefers to stay at home, chatting to hubby I realise I have settled too quickly, so I will look for the yoga class I have promised myself and find out about the WI in the village, it's time to get out and do more, thanks Sue. 
 

8 comments:

  1. Looks like you all had a wonderful family fun time at the gala. I read Sue's post yesterday and I'm a home bird too. I retired at age fifty-eight and have never regretted giving up work but with a disabled husband it proved to be the right thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous day out. Glad that you all had so much fun. I need to get out and about much more now that I've left my job. Hoping to in the next few weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely day out that looks such a great family fun day.
    Loved all of your photographs, I think I would have liked a go with the bubble gun - it looks fun :)

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Sue certainly wrote a thoughtful post there.
    I have always loved bubbles and that bubble gun looks like so much fun :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks like a great time was had by all. I love the bubble gun ... may have to get one of those for here!

    Hope the WI and yoga work out for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had a great day, and yes, looking after small children is hard work, lol. I read Sue's post, I don't consider my self retired but I have got lazy about going out anywhere, it's just easier to stay home, I have been thinking about joining the leisure centre again, just to get me out and speaking to other people.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now I want a bubble gun . Loving bubbles !

    ReplyDelete
  8. A fab day out which sounds as if it wore the children out too!
    I enjoyed Sue's post too and have realised that G and I are just existing day to day and not living life to the full. Not sure what we can do about it really 🤔

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails