Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Sunday 12 June 2022

Finished

I used DMC, Charles craft, Monaco evenweave, 28 count, with 1 strand of DMC thread (silks). Lovely tiny neat stitches. The design is Quaker Tiles on white, by Vivienne Powers, purchased off Etsy, I had all the colours except one which I matched to the closest I had. 
It's been a pure joy to stitch. 
50 squares all different patterns. 




I aim to frame this now, it's a gift, for someone who knows how much work went into making it, later in the week we will pop to Hobbycraft and I can purchase a thin black frame, keeping everything simple. A pure joy to stitch, I do love a neat balanced design, I've never stitched Cottages, flowers, animals or any other traditional designs. 


8 comments:

  1. Beautiful work Marlene, it always amazes me how you can do such tiny neat stitching. I wouldn't have the patience (even if I could sew!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks fabulous.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wolves are over rated. I haven't finished a wolf picture I started 25 years ago.

    It's beautiful and your friend is very lucky

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just beautiful and will be cherished by whoever gets it.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely beautiful ! Like rainbow coloured snow crystals !

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks lovely and will make a much appreciated gift.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous! It will look so stunning, framed up and hanging on a wall. Lucky recipient :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails