Poppy Patchwork


My little bit of this big World

Tuesday 5 April 2022

Families

Daughter sent this photo, it's early in the morning, before the school run, both boys sit on the bottom step to put on their shoes, Molly has joined them, I love Georges giggly face, Will is wearing his school uniform, so different these days from what we or his parents wore. 

Another fantastic book, I really could not put this one down, it's a sequel to No time for Goodbye, it's 8 years on the family is OK, but suddenly they are again involved with the villain Vince. I love the authors style of writing, even the gory bits are done in a gentle way without losing the meaning, I don't enjoy books which are graphic with the gory bits, he finds humour as well, these are never small books this one had 500 pages. Book 32 read this year.

My reading will slow down now, I have pulled all the items I require for this new cross stitch, I got the design off Folksy site, I love the symmetry of the design, and for once I am not changing any colours, I have everything here already. 
Just a small start, in truth I am finding the 28 count a bit small, not enough to hurt my eyes, I think it should get better once I have done more. I am thinking I have just 1 roll left of 28 count, if I purchase anymore then I will get a smaller count with bigger holes.  I will just stitch in natural light, even with my sewing lamp, the holes feel much smaller, oh well I am getting older.

I'm glad the cold spell is over, we did get a touch of frost for 2 mornings, it didn't cause any trouble, but only time will tell, the greenhouse with glass missing is still warm, my plug plants are growing, as is my tomato, lettuce and rocket. Most of the blooms are gone from our Magnolia tree, more buds are forming, so I'm having a break from picking up petals, each flower has about 8 petals, so there were loads dropping. Late spring/early summer plants are showing, I have loads of aquilegia growing, all 3 of my peony have shoots, I love this time of year. I have not cut back the daffodils yet, I will leave them a couple of weeks, keeps the side bed full and looking green. Over all the garden is good, this year I should have more time relaxing and enjoying it, all the previous years work has made it my perfect place. 

My steps last week were terrible, but who wants to walk when it's cold and wet, at least I didn't snack so much, hubby made a marmalade cake, which is lower in fat and sugar than shop purchased. We spent most of the weekend at home, both of us have a bit of a cold, I did take another negative test on Monday, I have a face to face with our doctors, we are both aware the need to be careful still. I had a sore I wanted checking, and I have ringworm, probably from working in the garden, picking up cat poo from the flower beds, some cream should sort it. 

I'm feeling good crafting again, cross stitch has always been a love if mine, I have been sorting measurements for a cot duvet and covers for Molly, I have everything I need, just the energy to get started. The felt animals are too all ready to start, everything is in my new trolley, so once I start it should all come together quickly. I still have the second parcel from Hobbycraft, they have ignored all my emails, I have popped it in our attic out the the way, in case they ever want it back. I have changed my header, this time including Molly, I left the Jones boys, I do love it and some more recent finishes.

13 comments:

  1. What a lovely photo of your grandchildren, yes I like that George is having a giggle, so cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. George is full of giggles, he has a wicked smile as well.

      Delete
  2. What a lovely photo, happy children. I haven't done any stitching at all this year, my crafting mojo has just about disappeared altogether, the only think I'm picking up is my crochet, using up leftover yarn. I like the design you're going to stitch.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely photo of your grandchildren. It doesn't seem so long ago that we saw Will at the same age as Molly, now he looks so grown up. You will find more caracters from the first book 'No Time for Goodbye' turn up in more of his subsequent books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is such a lovely happy picture of your grandchildren.
    You have much better eyesight than me with that 28 count cross stitch. I have to take cross stitching in small steps and usually on a 14 count thread. The start of the design is looking great. Enjoy working on it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was admiring your new header when I popped along here. Love that photo of your grandchildren :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think you are brave doing 28 count, it will look lovely though with so much detail and I love the colours.
    Briony
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have used 40 count, and for years used 32 count, but as I get older I have to have less holes per inch. I do love the fine stitches.

      Delete
  7. Awww, such a gorgeous photo of those handsome boys and beautiful girl.

    Love the cross stitch you have chosen to work on.

    God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm loving your embroidery 💓

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful photo and a really cheeky grin from George. I have do much respect for people who do cross stitch, I neither have the ability or the patience.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another gorgeous photo for the family album. They are such beautiful children.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awww that's a lovely photograph of your grandchildren.

    All the best Jan

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails